Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   AMA Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/)
-   -   Stewart Hopes To Be First Rider To Sweep Anaheim. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/4270-stewart-hopes-first-rider-sweep-anaheim.html)

brax4444 01-30-2007 10:48 AM

Re: Stewart Hopes To Be First Rider To Sweep Anaheim.

Go Bubba!

Holy_Kaw 01-30-2007 11:51 AM

Any race that RC isn't in Stewart is the clear and easy favorite. RC is going car racing, best of luck to him, always.

Some of us would like a few more years from RC if only to keep Supercross exciting. Either way, the writing is on the wall, Stewart, baring injury, is going to be as dominant as RC was. No one has close to the pace of these two. Good for Stewart, bad for the sport.

I'll bet those two relish the battles left before them almost as much as I do. Supercross may have an excitement drought...

Good thing some other series are looking to be pretty competitive this year. :-)

ksquid 01-30-2007 12:42 PM

Cool to see... Stewart is attracting a broader set of folks to the sport. My youngest daughter is dating an African American boy who doesn't know anything about motorcycles but knows about Stewart.... Now he asking me about my kbike.. and motorcycles.. It's neat to see the sport grow beyond the GPTB..

boru4761 01-31-2007 03:19 AM

K,

I have to agree with you on this. I love Bubba, not just for his talented performance but for the doors he is opening.

Holy_Kaw 01-31-2007 06:29 AM

What doors are you refering to?

schizuki 01-31-2007 06:44 AM

In certain socio-political circles, there is a erroneous belief that black Americans cannot aspire to any activity unless they see another black American perform it. This belief does not extend to Asians, Hispanics, Jews, etc who are apparently assumed to have the ability to turn a doorknob themselves.

It's part of the "soft bigotry of low expectations."

schizuki 01-31-2007 06:49 AM

"My youngest daughter is dating an African American boy"

A bit of advice, kpaul - I grew up in a black neighborhood. They're not too fond of being called "boys", even when they are. Maybe that's changed since twenty years ago. I dunno. Just some friendly advice.

"It's neat to see the sport grow beyond the GPTB.."

Motocross is a "GPTB" sport? Who knew?

Buzglyd 01-31-2007 07:07 AM

You completely missed the point that the kid knows nothing about motorcycles and is being educated by someone who knows nothing about motorcycles.

The kid probably thinks bio diesel land speed bikes are the shiznit by now.

ksquid 01-31-2007 08:43 AM

thanks for the advice.. Where I grew up had no blacks and 20% Latino.. Even in college the only blacks I saw were football players, none in engineering school unfortunately. My wife grew in a white Seattle suburb so she is clueless as well. Thanks again..

ksquid 01-31-2007 08:49 AM

Perhaps but JFK opened the doors for Irish, specfically Irish Catholics, running for President, even Congress for that matter. So I wouldn't say this is a black or race only thing. Como did the same thing for Italian Americans...