Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   AMA Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/)
-   -   One Racer's Opinion Regarding The Future Of AMA Superbike (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/4155-one-racers-opinion-regarding-future-ama-superbike.html)

The_AirHawk 12-20-2006 03:41 AM

Re: One Racer's Opinion Regarding The Future Of AMA Superbike

But that's impossible -- Ducati can't have anything like that in the works for the 1098, it's OBSOLETE!

The future is the $60,000.00 Desmocedici and the VFR 800; all other engines are now obsolete (I mean -- didn't you READ the article that KPaul posted whilst sniffing fumes from that burning tire? MY GOD MAN! Listen to the Grating Monomaniacal Pedant!).

The_AirHawk 12-20-2006 03:43 AM

You know - THEM FOLKS!!

And the light -- didn't you read? The Burning Tyre, Man!

HelterSkelter 12-20-2006 04:34 AM

Talking out of your a$$ again?

My 13 month old little girl has more a informed opinion about the future of motorcycles, and all she can say is "Dadda".

Hush now KP and let the adults talk ok?

acecycleins 12-20-2006 05:08 AM

In-line bikes are not going aywhere. They will rule the racing world for at least 5 more years. V-4's are great race motors but it will take a while for the public to adjust to the retail side of this. The VFR (truly a fun bike) is not a high demand bike and the only other V-4 is a power cruiser that hasn't changed since its introduction. I can see the writing on the wall and accept that 750-800cc bikes will be the "new" Superbike (probably around the '09-'10 seasons and the superstock will remain a racing class but without factory support as to let privateers showchase their talents- as it should be).

SmokeU 12-20-2006 05:18 AM

In other words I should dust off that RC45 I have on stands in my garage and get back on the track with it?

*disclaimer: I have no RC45*

BrowningBAR 12-20-2006 05:24 AM

KP, currently, from the grave, H. L. Mencken is taking a shot gun to the theory of "Those who can -- do. Those who can't -- teach."

ksquid 12-20-2006 05:28 AM

Well it didn't take long. kpaul's short rebuttal

Well the GPTB responded with their usual opinion which is usually "let's see what kpaul says and then lets say the opposite"
[*]Why 800cc V-4s? (schizuki and pdad the ever clueless ones asked this question) Goto motogp.com and find the answer.
[*]longride and seruzawa never read everything before they start attacking. longride should of read this comment from me "Now that V-Twins are dead in racing 4s can go back down to a sensible size. Remember the move to 1000 cc inline 4s was caused by the RC-51 and Duc 998 dominating WSB. Now that folks have seen the light.. a golden era of V-4s is about to begin."
[*]The first evidence that V-4 are going to dominate superbike comes from THE APRILIA V4 RACE MACHINE ENGINE – A CLOSER LOOK

ksquid 12-20-2006 05:31 AM

Go to motogp.com (V-4s dominate motogp) and aprilia.com to see Aprilia's new V-4 superbike

ksquid 12-20-2006 05:32 AM

And you are clueless

ksquid 12-20-2006 05:32 AM

Re: Talking out of your a$$ again?