Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 11-16-2006, 06:26 AM   #1
priday
Founding Member

Default Re: AHRMA files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

First!~

Horsepower is an illusory mathmatical equation; Torque is Real, and is the source of all good things in the world.
priday is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2006, 06:40 AM   #2
Tigercub
Founding Member

I don't really know the details of this, but I do know that you'd be hard-pressed to beat a Team Obsolete bike. I understand that there is a very fine line between what the motor looks like outside and what's inside. Complete replica motors are being made of billit aluminum and with the metals available today you could probably get more rpm and more power out of them. So, what's the point of trying to race and compete on period machinery, when it's been so updated as to not resemble what came out of the factory race shop?? Why doesn't Bob I. just participate in modern racing like everyone else instead of trying to manipulate the AHRMA??

Of course, I could be full of *****. But that' why I love this site.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:02 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

So, vintage racing is going the way of all racing, eh? It all starts as a group of enthusiasts who start racing around on bikes they can afford. It gets popular and some racing association gets underway. Soon the people with more money are modifying the bikes and the people who started the whole thing because it was cheap are cut out.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:39 AM   #4
anrajala
Founding Member

What on earth could have started all this. I think MO should look into the matter, seems to be a classroom example of big and fragile egos.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:58 AM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Then the next the ya know, they're all driving Bugatti Veyrons and not inviting you to the bbq after the race!

You do have a shot with the crazy housekeeper though.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:22 AM   #6
mikenomad
Founding Member

Default Re: The Missing Element

The problems for AHRMA and TO all began when FUN failed to be part of the proceedings. Unless FUN is involved in an event, it invariably suffers.
mikenomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:29 AM   #7
orcyclist
Founding Member

Don't know the details. Don't want to. Stuff happens and egos continue to rage. Please save me yet another soap opera. It is not the end of the world. Many lawsuits are emotion driven, (he said after 20+ yrs in pratice.) Get over it; move on. Besides it's Ch 11 (reorg) not 7 (liquidation).

Old 11-16-2006, 10:40 AM   #8
Neal
Founding Member

Actually,the truth in this case is very different.Ianucci was one of AHRMA's founders.he parted ways(very inamicably) with AHRMA's then leadrrship in the mid 90's and the fight has been raging ever since. Since he is rich and a lawyer and AHRMA is a nonprofit member owned org,his pockets are deeper. I have talked to several AHRMA trustees and as of now plans are to run a complete program in 2007.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:45 AM   #9
Neal
Founding Member

Easy for you to say ,but as someone whose primary non-work/family activity is vintage racing,its important to me. Im the kind of low buck/in it for the fun kinda guy who gets hurt by this type of crap. The big dollar guys who start this crap can usually find another sandbox to play in---or start their own.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:46 AM   #10
Neal
Founding Member

The quality of Team Obsolete machinery is unquestioned. it is also not the issue that started all this crap. A clash of egos and vindictiveness is behind it all