Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 11-16-2006, 11:52 AM   #11
ymsamhi
Registered Member

Default Re: AHRMA files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Dont have an interest in it, dont want an interest in it, but i think I will take the time to put in a sarcastic remark and be-little the people who care about AHRMA and vintage racing.
ymsamhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2006, 12:21 PM   #12
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Back in the Jurrassic, some of us young dummies used to go over to Lake Berryessa take a few refreshments, and jump off this rock. The lake was fairly new then, and not too many people knew about it. Before long, the place was crawling with drunken assholes, and people started diving head first into water that wasn't all that deep in some spots. People got up in arms about it, and it eventually became a law enforcement problem.Maybe the Vinatage folks should give up on winning any races, develop a Secret Handshake for those who are truly running vintage machinery, and just ignore the 'winners' of the race. At race end, everyone could go over and congratulate the 9th place finisher. ignoring all those with more money than love of vintage machinery. Whenever anything gets popular, it usually becomes a victim of it's own sucess. Sounds like that's what's happening here.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:10 PM   #13
rapier
Founding Member

Hey, it's racing. Competitive bastards compete at everything, including who runs the races. If the Indy 500 could be destoryed then let's not be surpised that a semi pro series which nobody watches is on it's death bed.
rapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:20 PM   #14
anrajala
Founding Member

So is this what happened here Dangerous? Is there any site or article that could tell us what really happened? I believe MO should look into this. I mean these guys are all day just drinking champagne and chatting up high class call girls supplied by motorcycle manufacturers in the faint hope of scoring an extra point in a comparo.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:02 AM   #15
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

I have no idea. I just know that a lot of fun activities that a small group of people participate in has a family kind of feel to it, and it never survives if what they're doing gets too popular. I wonder if the guy in 'World's Fastest Indian' were around today, if anyone would have made room for him to compete. The town of Carmel was founded by a bunch of bohemians who would be shunned if they lived there now, even if they could afford it.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote