Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (
-   AMA Racing (
-   -   Three in a Row for Andrew Hines. (

pplassm 11-13-2006 03:50 PM

Re: Three in a Row for Andrew Hines.
Gotta agree. Get the "stock" out of the title of this class. It's nowhere near stock, for any brand.

TheFox 11-13-2006 04:00 PM

This message brought to you by KPaulCook Hate Club Local # 138
Wah, wah, wah. You're a broken record.

1. And the 4 cylinders are? None of these bikes are stock or 'real', whatever that means.

2. I challenge you to go into a Kawasaki dealership and buy a drag bike. Heck, walk in to a Honda dealer and order a FX capable CBR. Try to get one in WSB spec. Just as an aside, I note that you could do that with Buell, and you complained most vociferously that it should therefore be illegal, as it was not within the rules.

3. This is nonsense. Engine and performance limits are there to increase competitiveness and improve the quality of racing by giving people something else to look at and allow manufacturers to participate.

4. Again, utter nonsense. This isn't a run-whatcha-brung night down at Rt. 66 Speedway in Joliet. This is professional level motorsports. No one whats to see two guys with an old ZZ-R 1100 down at the track whomping on people. If you want to go play stock 1/4 mile drags, I'm certain there is a track local to you that will allow you to enter bracket racing for prize money. This would actually be the purest form of drag racing, as machinery does not matter, just your own personal consistency.

I won't delve into how to do it though. It's on a track, and you'll never go near one. By the way, get the (alleged) Kawasaki fixed yet? I'm still not convinced you even own one. *grin*

Holy_Kaw 11-13-2006 07:57 PM

Meant to direct this to KPaul, seruzawa already "knows".

KPaul just trying to show a possible different outlook on the whole V-Twin thing, I know you're bringing humor when you're "going there" usually (I think). I know you've noticed that big crowds don't jump on that bandwagon. If many of us didn't think you're "barking up the wrong tree" with that one we'd agree. If many of us hadn't rode Awesome sporting V-Twins (twins) it would be much easier to buy into that idea.

If you think a SV650 can't compete with your Ninja in the canyons or on the track you'll be surprised. I haven't asked Sean yet but my guess is he was LHAO when he heard you wanted him to use a Buell for your match race... to handicap him... I'd have suggested a stock old Connie or something, at most... knowing I'd still get smoked no matter what I was on...

You've got a good bike. There's alot of good, different, bikes out there too.

seruzawa 11-14-2006 02:18 AM

You know, of course, that if KP had bought a cruiser as his first bike we would have been subjected to years of "facts and data" that all "prove" how superior cruisers are. Same thing would have happened if he'd bought a Ducati except that he would be "proving" tha V-twins are innately superior.

Neal 11-14-2006 02:22 AM

You have no always.

ksquid 11-14-2006 07:28 AM

Facts and Data for the Ninua.
I did do a lot of research before I bought my Ninja.

That year it got favorable reviews by all the print mags. MO praised its ergos and said it was a inline version of the VFR (cheaper too). EBoz won the AMA super sport championship and Andrew Kitt won the World super sport championship. I guess the true compliment to the bike is that is still being sold by Kawasaki.

silentgrayfellow 11-15-2006 02:21 AM

A drag racing bike you can buy from the dealer
kpaul, if you want to buy a ready-to-(drag) race bike from a dealer, check with your local H-D store. Here's a review for ya...