Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 11-13-2006, 09:41 AM   #11
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Three in a Row for Andrew Hines.

boru4761, seruzawa is the same guy that says cruisers have better brakes than sport bikes.. Give us Facts and Data seruzawa. That doesn't mean quotes from Fred or MCN..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

A multicyclinder engine spins faster than one with fewer cylinders. This is why a 750-4 makes more power then a 750 twin. It pumps more fuel mixture. You can calculate how much each engine type pumps and have engines that make similar power compete against each other. As a result you can have more competitors for each category. In drag racing then you get larger displacement twins competing against smaller multis, but each makes similar power. This evens the field quite nicely.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:57 AM   #13
ksquid
Banned

Actually this is BS. if you read the article I linked you would read that even horsepower (the standard measurement ) is more for the V-Twins and Torque as well. Following you rules we would have 1740 cc V-Twins racing 1000cc In-line 4 bikes in WSB and AMA superbike. Fortunately the AMA only allows Harley BS in only Formula Extreme. You and I both know that the Drag racing thing is to draw harley good old boys to the track. They can't do it if the Suzuki's are allowed to race even with their production bikes i.e fuel injection Hyabusa for instance..
Old 11-13-2006, 10:03 AM   #14
ksquid
Banned

Default Seruzawa you are just plain wrong.

"By design, he said, the engine in a Suzuki is much more efficient than a V-Twin, and would be able to smoke a Harley or Buell in every race had the NHRA said both had to be 92 cubic inches.

When a bigger engine is used, he said, it needs more air, hence the need for the big scoops on the side of the bike."" From Spinning his wheels
Old 11-13-2006, 10:08 AM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Yeah, but the H-D won. The crying is so loud on drag racing sites you can hear it all the way from Seattle to San Diego. Just put your ear to the window.......
Old 11-13-2006, 10:12 AM   #16
ksquid
Banned

Won't matter I'll race you on your Busa. i.e I'll give you a 100% plus displacement advantage.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:21 AM   #17
pushrod
Founding Member

The biggest factor in drag racing (and powerboat racing, for that matter) is keeping the machine together. If you can't make the run with full power, you don't win. Avoiding fouls is also a biggy, but that is not a technical problem.

I haven't seen those guys run, but watching the top fuel bikes at the AMA Prostar a couple of years ago in Gainesville, hoo-whee!

The v-twins literally shook the ground! The 'Zooks won, because the 2 v-twin entries (and several of the 'Zooks) either red-lighted or broke.

Then there were the Puerto Ricans, with their drag Quads!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:23 AM   #18
Neal
Founding Member

And on the dragstrip(thre topic of this thread),you'd lose. The 600 SHOULD win on a rroad race track......
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:24 AM   #19
ksquid
Banned

Thanks for making my point.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:37 AM   #20
Neal
Founding Member

And lets not forget; when the NHRA perceived (last year) that the Vtwins had an unfair advantage they changed rules in midseason. Anyone who has been around dragracing(cars or bikes) for any length of time knows that NHRA has as a priority diversity in the classes and constantly changes rules. Bike prostock was dying when suzukis were dominating and the vtwins have brought a needed interest and breath of fresh air to the class. Thats what NHRA needed and they could care less what "experts" who have never been to a dragrace and likely never will think. If they perceive Vtwins are dominating to the point of hurting the classand a rule change is neede...believe me,theyll do it. In the late 60's and early 70's you wouldnt believe the shennanigans(mostly unsuccessful) pulled to keep Ford and Chevycompetitive with the Hemis in Prostock. While some thought it was unfair it elevated Prostock to one of the most supported classes on NHRA.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote