Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-12-2001, 11:32 AM   #31
ZRXRy
Founding Member

Default Re: What happened to Duhamel?

Will Speedvision be showing it too? And when, if so? Probably just be a repeat of the taped ESPN2 coverage, anyway.
ZRXRy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2001, 12:00 PM   #32
stevegrab
Founding Member

I think he meant for future rounds of the AMA series. ESPN just gets the Daytona round. Speedvision (usually along with Fox Sports) does the rest of the series (except for Loudon maybe, which was on TNN in recent years).
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 04:06 PM   #33
flyntiger97
Founding Member

Default Re: Report on Injured Riders at Daytona

I was at the race and the pace car decision was absurd IMO. Granted, I'm no road race expert, but it looked like a yellow flag on the dogleg would have been enough. By the time they saw the car, Yates, Hacking and company were coming off turn two and were on it in a second. I think the Pontiac people called it out so the crowd could see it labor around the track. Actually, I think they called it out because Mladin had pulled a five second gap four laps into the race after Hayden had problems and they wanted to tighten the field. Keep that type of junk in NASCAR where it belongs.
flyntiger97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 04:18 PM   #34
flyntiger97
Founding Member

Saw him crash. He lost the front coming out of the infield and back onto the main track. Slid off the track and was up immediately trying to get the bike restarted. Bike obviously too damaged to continue racing, although it didn't look bad from the stands. Mladin had been pulling about 1/2 second on Duhamel per lap before that crash. Would have loved to see a dogfight like two years ago, but wasn't going to happen that day.
flyntiger97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 08:15 PM   #35
RobM
Founding Member

Just curious, but you guys in the States, who do you get commentating the World Superbikes? Here in Australia we get Leigh Diffey (the non-bikes knowing, shouter - highly annoying) and Steve Parrish (might know bikes, but he doesn't really come across well). You get them, or someone else?
RobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 01:28 AM   #36
nidan
Founding Member

So do you mean that speedvision will not be showing this race? I don't get espn2 so missed my favourite race of the year. I emailed speedvision asking when they were going to broadcast it, but no reply yet. Does anyone else know if and when SV will broadcast this race?
nidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 06:52 AM   #37
kman
Founding Member

Latest update on Scott Russell:

1:18 pm 3:12:01

after 5 pints of blood scott is awake this morning.. in and out.he shattered bones in arm so badly surgeons took the bone out and replaced it with a metal one. this will be a long recovery. scott russell is still in intensive care. hang in there scott

kman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 06:59 AM   #38
kman
Founding Member

to send a card:

attn: scott russell / intensive care halifax medical center

303 north clyde morris blvd

daytona beach , fla 32114

kman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 10:39 AM   #39
hindle
Founding Member

There for a while we had these two brits that well always seemed to disagree and get into arguments all the time. One was a bit of a know it all while the other guy seemed nice but it was quite a show just listenting to them.

Sometimes they got on my nerves as they were always talking about foggy. Foggy this foggy that. Don't get me wrong he was the man but if Foggy won it was another brilliant victory but if somone else won it was just dumb luck.
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 09:03 AM   #40
djGSXR
Founding Member

Here are some links to video clips:

Roberts/Yates/Hacking Pace Car Crash (12MB):
http://149.123.110.32/misc/videos/da...01_crash_1.avi

and the horrendous incident with Russell (22MB):
http://149.123.110.32/misc/videos/da...01_crash_2.avi

Man, Russell looked bad.
and whoever sent that Pace Car (and I use the term loosely regarding the POS Aztek) out needs to retire!
djGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote