Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-13-2001, 04:05 AM   #21
LoganGixY2K
Founding Member

Default Re: Daytona 200 Post Race Quotes

That's your opinion and your are entitled to it.

But I still say that Kurtis needs some growing up to do.
LoganGixY2K is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2001, 04:08 AM   #22
LoganGixY2K
Founding Member

Default Re: Wild Race

"Matt is no doubt once again the man to beat thus far. The guy was untouchable and if it weren't for the red flags nobody would have challanged him at all."

HEAR, HEAR....
LoganGixY2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 09:26 AM   #23
hamatsu
Founding Member

Default Re: Daytona 200 Post Race Quotes

Roland, I have to say that you kicked some ass in the 250 GP on Sunday. Good job ! That was the best race of the day. I was standing by the fence in turn one when you fell down in the horseshoe and still got back on the bike to finish in 2nd place. The Superbike race was pure misery !!! Mat had it sewn up from qualifying all the way through the race, never a doubt ! I would have liked to see Anthony be up in the front too but he was lucky to come away form that weekend in one piece from the problems he kept having. It seems like the guys that REALLY didn't need to get bunged up were the one's that did. e.g., Yates, Hacking, Duhamel and Nicky. I would say the season is over for Scott Russell and maybe he should be looking at hanging his leathers up for good. I think Steve Rapp will be Ducati's great white hope this year. Commenting about Kurtis would send me into a tirade so I'll say what most people think.....he's an a$$hole ! Besides, he rides a Honda and I think they (HRC) like him. I hope E. Bostrom has the same kind of year that this has started out to be and can get the 600SS title at the end. Would someone please tell Willie G. to do something with that VR1000. I see some earlier posts in here about the team being, in essence, a "new" team. Uhm, yeah, ok. Raving about a 7th place finish that saw 9 of the top riders fall out isn't going to set the world on fire, is it ? Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis is dead !
hamatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 11:37 AM   #24
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default That's racing

there's nothing wrong with doing that. Anytime someone is in front of someone else they are slowing them down unless there is a gap. They don't want them to get back. Kurtis wasn't talking about getting in front of them and then slowing down, as that would just let them by right away anyway, he was talking about putting more space by racing in front of them. As far as his motivation ("to win one for honda"), it is because Kurtis is really a robot that Kenny had built with Honda's help, so he has a lot of Honda's programming in his active memory module.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 11:48 AM   #25
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default uh, how bout

someone tell willie g not to touch the VR1000 and get someone else to do it instead (just sign some big checks, willie)
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 10:40 PM   #26
bevelheadv2
Founding Member

Default Re: Those wacky Aussies

I thought the second one was for passing under a yellow ?
bevelheadv2 is offline   Reply With Quote