Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-12-2001, 04:56 AM   #11
elitegroup
Founding Member

Default Re: Daytona 200 Post Race Quotes

I guess the previous post is about telling us all he used to own a bike? Why we need to know how much it weighed and the horse-power it put out is beyond me. Now his apology is unacceptable because if Kurtis wants to get in front and block for his team mate (or fellow honda rider) so be it thats racing folks. I think thats exactly what dale earnhardt was doing (blocking) when he got in trouble in the last race of his life. As far as implying that Kurtis Roberts had anything to do with Yates and Hacking getting taken out well thats just plain absurd. My whole opinion on the Yates-Hacking crash is why the hell did AMA allow a pace car to come out on the track at all!!!!!!! I mean no way in hell anyone saw that car coming off the bank until they were right on top of it. I'm happy for Mladin I don't think he could have pushed that bike any harder than he did. I feel bad for Russell getting tagged, but that was a prime example of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now if Brent is reading or someone from MO is out there please delete that last post because it has no integrity to it.
elitegroup is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2001, 05:21 AM   #12
Twitch
Founding Member

I want PICTURES!!!!!!
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 05:36 AM   #13
intruderman
Founding Member

I tuned in the race between the second and third red flag. Imagine my confusion at what had happened to the field! The funniest thing about the race was watching Mladin kissing and patting his motorcycle after the checkered flag. I think he likes the new GSX-R750, A LOT! Pops Yoshimura would have been proud. Go Suzuki!
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 06:17 AM   #14
Sparky
Founding Member

Default Re: Any word on the hurt riders?

apparently one of the guys that went into the haybails in the chicane didn't make it. I'm searching for more details.

I was at the race but the info you get from the track announcers sucks! More about Daytona Speedway management later.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 07:12 AM   #15
TK57
Registered Member

Default Re: Any word on the hurt riders?

I hear ya. I watched the race and couldn't believe the big re-start accident. Scott had his hand up to signal to riders behind him as he moved over. Then some idiot "back marker" ran right into him! I'm happy to see Scott on a very competitive bike now that he is away from those worthless Harleys. I think there are too many bikes in the race. If you have to have two groups leave the start line, you have one group too many. Too bad for Scott's season, now that he is laid-up for a while.
Old 03-12-2001, 07:31 AM   #16
LoganGixY2K
Founding Member

Point well taken...
LoganGixY2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 07:34 AM   #17
LoganGixY2K
Founding Member

Thanks God for Freedom of Speech, huh soup nazi?
LoganGixY2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 08:32 AM   #18
Vector
Founding Member

Default Re: Those wacky Aussies

He refused to re-enter race two after his second black flag. First flag for jumping the start, second for going too fast down pit lane after stopping for first flag.
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 10:46 AM   #19
BONGTOKER
Founding Member

Freedom of speech is good but when people (logangixy2k) post nonsense then it sucks.
BONGTOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 01:28 PM   #20
GAPS
Registered Member

Default Re: Those wacky Aussies

Yes, both mistakes he made on his own. Be a man and get out there.

GAPS is offline   Reply With Quote