Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-11-2001, 06:06 AM   #21
garyracer90
Founding Member

Default Re: Miguel Wins his Sixth Daytona Supersport Race

First, I am a Honda man, but nobody has anything for the GSX-R 750! They are gonna smoke the field! Even though I don't like Mat, he's gonna get em'
garyracer90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2001, 10:09 AM   #22
01_929
Founding Member

Go Honda!! Seems like the F4i lives up to the hype. But it still comes down to the rider in my opinion. Hopefully we'll see Hayden or Duhamel take the championship this year.
01_929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 10:57 AM   #23
thatguyjohn
Founding Member

Where did Eric Bostrom place????
thatguyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 06:45 AM   #24
stevegrab
Founding Member

Can you go to a Kawasaki dealer and buy one? Year after year, and have them be available? Like the GSXR750?

Yes, all the superbike platforms must be mass produced (some limited number of bikes) and sold to the public. Once this is done the first year, and the are given homologation approval, the bike can be raced. After that, as long as the base model doesn't change drastically, it doesn't have to be done everywhere. I believe the rules are slightly more complex than that, but don't know the details. There are also some obvious loopholes, because my understanding is that the H-D VR1000 superbike machine was homologated in Poland (the production bikes were only sold there, not in US or other countries), for approval in AMA racing. Seems strange, but it was allowed.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote