Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-08-2001, 02:03 PM   #1
elitegroup
Founding Member

Default Re: Superbike Quotes from Daytona

It appears Nicky has the least track time on his bike and is still very fast. They all sound real confident about the times and I wonder if this is going to be a faster race then previous years?
elitegroup is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2001, 03:45 PM   #2
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

IMO it should be (faster race). Seems like every year they are finding more power and better ways of putting it down to the ground, whether it be suspension or tires. I guess that's why GP bikes don't have the advantage that they used to. Power is just not as manageable... Wait until next year.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 06:02 PM   #3
Haga
Founding Member

Good article... I think it's just a publicity release as a few other sites had this same thing earlier today as well as the Mladin being on the pole story. Biaggi and Checa also tested today.

Anyhow, since it was quickly relegated to the bottom of the news page and probably won't make it onto the sidebar news list, I would encourage everyone to read the Macau GP story and the comments that follow as you're being innundated with the donate now message atop the news page.

Is any of this donated cash going to go to things like having reporters at the races to do interviews that are exclusive to MO? I believe I've read some in the past... it would be nice to see again as these AMA stories(as well as GP and WSBK) are just press releases from the racing body and can be found everywhere else. How does this all fit in? We who are being asked to donate want this site to show us what it's going to do to go above and beyond to deserve our hard earned money in addition to the revenue they already recieve... and don't let them fool you, those Kawasaki, Buell/XFL, and Competiton Accessories ads aren't there for anywhere near free. I'd love to pay for a site that earned it, but folks in the past month we've seen a delayed story(that still has yet to be completed), race coverage 4 months old that has been billed as new(intentional or not), and a retread of some video(see the 2001 Supersport shootout and the narrated version). In addition, the big chat about donations that was supposed to take place yesterday never happened, and MO isn't answering emails asking why. I would suggest to the readers that this site has been getting progressively worse, not better, since they began asking for money. I would also suggest that in the stock market, when something is going down in a hurry, you generally don't rush to invest in something in decline. You wait until it proves itself stable and on the up, and then get in as fast as you can.
Haga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 08:58 PM   #4
hackfu
Founding Member

While I can't offer any explanations for your other points, I can offer this: You received the email for the donation chat a day late. For that I apologize. In the future, we'll try and make sure all email notices of that variety go out at least 24 hours before the actual event.

Once again, that was our bad. Email is not quite as fast as we thought.

FYI, I received the notice email approximately 15 minutes after it was sent on my personal email yet I received the same email notice over an hour and a half after it was sent on my work account!

Go figure.
hackfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 10:45 PM   #5
echo
Founding Member

Well Haga has made an interesting commrent . Coming at this from the aussie angle it is interesting

to see the opinions of the indepth followers .hopefully There will be a little more debate on this issue but as with every thing in life you just role the dice and for $12 ($ 25 Aussie sheckles What the hell ) the reviews alone are worth that .MO is the best for content on the net or other wise to come out of the states..
echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 03:51 AM   #6
GboroGoose
Founding Member

Most interesting. None of the pre-pubescent first post claims, no flame wars, just serious responses from people that are really into what is going on where they can't be. Now I would consider donating for a service like this!

As for the race, what I read of Mladin in Cycle World this month gives me respect for his talent. Gobert - well, not quite enough penance or humility for previous transgressions... Yet. Russell, hmm maybe, but I'll have to pull for Nicky-boy. Young, good looks with an infectious smile (looks like my nephew) and very talented. Mladin skunked him last year at the finish line snatching away his first Daytona. Wish I were there to see the results. Guaranteed I'll see it on the tube, though. Should be a real race this year.
GboroGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 04:57 AM   #7
elitegroup
Founding Member

Default Did we get off the subject?

How did we get on the pay issue again in this topic?
elitegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 08:15 AM   #8
Zionist
Founding Member

Serious good...fun bad...
Zionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 09:06 AM   #9
Haga
Founding Member

There were a couple other people in there looking for that chat also. I was more upset by the lack of a response to my email. Although, I must admit, in the past Mr. Plummer has been quite prompt in his replies... my bad for not including that detail.
Haga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 09:22 AM   #10
ssmiley
Founding Member

Default Qualifying Recap - ESPN2 tonight!

Check it out - 1am Central -

Hopefully we can count on Nick Ienatsch and/or Dave Sadowski plus some bo-bo from RPM Tonight or the X-Games - oh goody!
ssmiley is offline   Reply With Quote