Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   AMA Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/)
-   -   Jamie Hacking: '06 AMA Superstock Champ (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/3881-jamie-hacking-06-ama-superstock-champ.html)

ksquid 09-07-2006 09:07 AM

Re: Jamie Hacking: '06 AMA Superstock Champ

I watched the Superstock and Supersport races last night. Jamie looked like he was in a different league. Roger Hayden was challenging early until his bike broke. I love his bulldog mascot...his wife is very nice too...It's funny how the GPTB (longride, Buz, serasuzy, etc) complain about Mladin not moving on but they never complain about Jamie or Miguel...or the Bostrom bros..I am glad these guys stick around. Gives the young guys like Hayden and Spies good competition to measure themselves by...i.e. they know when to make the next step to MotoGP (like Nicky) or WSB (like Colin Edwards did)..

longride 09-07-2006 09:18 AM

"complain about Mladin not moving on but they never complain about Jamie or Miguel...or the Bostrom bros.."

That's cause all those other guys race and know what it's all about. They ain't playing King Shyt. Mladin thinks his don't stink, and walks around like the arrogant prick that he most certainly is. I would rather lose racing against the best, than win 7 championships in Pee Wee League and think I'm so great. I guess that's the difference between a real champion, and the King of Little League. Mladin is too good for AMA and not even close to good enough for WSB, or MotoGP. He should have at least TRIED. Give Nicky and Valentino a go, and let's hear his big mouth then.

ksquid 09-07-2006 09:40 AM

I am sure Mladin would dominate WSB on the same machinery he uses now.. and Nicky thinks he would do well if given competive machinery in MotoGP. My favorite rider Bayliss is the classic example of how not having the proper bike in MotoGP is a waste of time....yet he goes bake to WSB and dominates on a competive machine albeit rules that give Ducati an advantage that Neil Hodgson didn't have in AMA..

Once again longride your personal feelings, and dare I say the emotions that come with it, clouds your judgement in this regard.

The_AirHawk 09-07-2006 10:31 AM

Uh, this article originally was about something called a "Jamie Hacking", wasn't it?

seruzawa 09-07-2006 11:33 AM

Better stop now before you get sucked into Kook's black hole of circular logic.

acecycleins 09-07-2006 11:40 AM

Funny thing is knowing that Hacking is going to take Tommy Hayden's Kawi seat. Yamaha doesn't want to spend the money on 3 superbike teams. Congrats to Jamie and good luck on the Kawi.

ksquid 09-07-2006 11:50 AM

To use a wrestling analogy, I am down to two moves before I pin longride.. I think I pinned you in one :)

ksquid 09-07-2006 11:53 AM

Shhhhh! can't you see I am pushing buttons here.

ksquid 09-07-2006 12:49 PM

Good point...Seems odd that he would be the odd man out.. So that must mean EBoz and DeSalvo have the slots. I like EBoz but you would think he would be the odd man out i.e DeSalvo's youth upside teamed with Hackings experience...Go to go Check Soup (Superbikeplanet.com) for the latest silly season news.. That site is great.

Dangerousdave_2 09-07-2006 04:15 PM

One word: DECAF.