Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-08-2001, 11:48 AM   #31
hindle
Founding Member

Default Re: Typical Brainless Squid Comments

Dude you are such a Hypocrite. Ok I will admit in the couple of dozen race weeknds I've attended in the 99 and 00 seaons I did see 1 buell. He got spanked. Go figure.

Why does everyone think you have to ride this bike or that bike to conclude it sucks. Go to a race. You can count the Buell's and VTR's on one hand. Do I really need to test ride this bike to figure out it ain't all that on a track. NO you idiot. I've never ridden a Buell and if I'm lucky I never will. Why would I want to do something stupid like that. I never said you owned a Hog just assumed you had a Buell by your login name (Harely bought out Buell quite some time ago so in a sense you do on a Hog).

There is a reason why you see F4, GSXR's, ZX's, Ducks, R1's and 6's at the track. The reason is these are the bikes on the leading edge of technology built for racing. They are the top dogs and like it or not anything else sucks. Period. End of discussion. Nothing to argue about. It's just the plain facts.

When I say this bike sucks or that bike sucks I'm speaking purely from a performance aspect. If I wanted to just cruise around and feel the wind the GSXR wouldn't be at the top of my list.

On the other hand when I went shopping for a bike I knew eventually I was going to race it. With that in mind your choices become quite simple. Buell's, VTR they don't even make the list.

People try so hard to be different and then enter a state of denial when they buy that piece of junk.

Sorry you tried so hard to stay out of the mainstream.

You asked about Harely and I stated the facts. It's got to be damn near a decade now and Harely still ain't done . Is this not a fact? So what is one to conclude other then they are just wasting money, gas and taking up space. You call it bashing. At this point it's just the stinking facts.

Look at Russell. That Harely program almost ended his career. Pascal just doesn't learn. Must be getting a fat paycheck. Scott jumps onto a Duck and bang he is in the top 5 from the last session. Take a stinking hint Harely. Your bike is a piece of dog .

Get over it. Stop trying so hard to be different. Sell that buell and get something real.
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2001, 12:00 PM   #32
hindle
Founding Member

Here it is straight from the horses mouth. You asked about how Harely is doing well here it is.

"It's just nice to come back here and people know that Scott's back," said Russell, whose last Daytona 200 win was in 1998 aboard a Yamaha. "The last two years, you could mark me off because there was no chance of winning. I want to win this race for the sixth time."

Taking from this very website. Spoken from the only man to win the 200 5 times. An AMA and WSBK past champion. He spent two years wasting his life and career with Harely. He should know the status of their effor just as good as anyone.

No chance he says. Well that pretty much sums it up for me! LOL
Old 03-08-2001, 12:04 PM   #33
JoeBuell
Founding Member

I have something real. As I said I bought a bike for the street, not for the track. If you think the sole value of a motorcyle is it's performance on the track then you are just plain narrow minded. Keep looking and the track and your magazines. You'll find all the answers you need there.

Never argued the fact that F4, GSXR's, ZX's, Ducks, R1's and 6's are great track bikes. As a street bike, I would say that they suck. Ever wonder why there are a disproportionate amount of used GSXR-750's available? I would say that the people that buy them to ride them on the street realize just how unrideable they are for that situation and conclude that, for this purpose, they SUCK! Now, you tell me, are those fair statements?

There is definately a difference between usefullness on the street and on the track. But to say one type of bike sucks because it does not perform on one or the other is just stupid.

Russelll didn't even try to race the VR. He didn't like the bike and realized that he didn't want to ride it. Why did his bike have so many more problems than Picotte's? Oh, and buy the way, Picotte did finish second at Pike's Peak (I think it was the 99 season, but I'm not sure).

Get over yourself. You're not cool just because you have a GSXR and you race it. I like my bike, and I don't have to put other people's choice of motorcycles down to feel good about it. Sorry you do.
JoeBuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 12:29 PM   #34
EnZed
Founding Member

Default Re: Wednesday Update from Daytona

Thanx, Steve. I have added these sites to my "favourites" folder and will enjoy monitoring them (hopefully...)
EnZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 05:29 AM   #35
hindle
Founding Member

I'd say that's a fair statement. For the street the GSXR does suck. So does the ZX and all the other race bikes. I rode mine for over a year on the street prior to racing it. It did suck on the street. It's uncomfortable. Hard on the knees, wrist, arms. No wind protection. It does suck on the street. You are right. For the time being I am only concerned with pure performance. Anything else sucks. Like your Buell for an example. LOL Maybe as I get older my what I look for in a Motorcycle will change. For now I will stay narrow minded.

I don't think I'm cool at all, certinally not for racing. I don't really care what people think of me to tell you the truth most of you.

Mr. I'm cool because I ride something different.

All this flaming started because you asked how the the HD effort was doing and you simply took offense to the facts. The simply reality of it all. HD sucks. Honda can put out an all new bike and win a championship with it. Aprillia puts out a new Vtwin and they win races on it. Hell even that factory that Gobert rode for last season in the WSBK was new and he won a race. So what the hell is HD problem.

The facts are only Harely takes damn near 10 years to finsih on the podium a couple of times. Yes Pascal finished 2nd at PPIR and yes I belive it was 99. I acutally attended that race. I believe Miguel won but not sure and that's not the only time Pascal had a podium finish on the HD.

Hell way back when the HD effort was brandnew Miguel would have won on that bike if it wasn't so damn slow on the straights. I remember watching him come out on the straight with the lead and then just get gobbled up by anything within 60 ft of him.

Said but true.

So again the state of the HD effort is pretty said. Pascal qualified 15th. Not bad for a hog but don't expect him to be anywhere near the front. As I said before they openly admitted not much will have changed in time for Daytona. They do expect lots of changes during the season but they say that every year. Same old song and dance. Pascal will forget how to win after this season is over. Mike Smith is just happy to have a ride. Pasacal has to be gettin a fat check to stay with them year after year. What does it say when a rider that has won on at least three different bikes Kawasaiki, Ducati, Suzuki (i'm talking about Pasacal) can't do much on HD's bike in two years? Russell did realize he didn't want to ride the bike and decided he wasn't going to. The question is why did he decide that? Let me help you with that one. CAUSE IT SUCKS.

Wake up dude. Right now is an embarrasing time to be a HD fan in the AMA superbike paddock. Like I said there Do or Die season past a few years ago.

They have had all the talent it takes to win and they still can't do anything better then a few podiums in the last oh I don't know how many years. No more excuses folks. No more we are getting better funds this year.

Old 03-09-2001, 05:29 AM   #36
hindle
Founding Member

Default Re: Hello? McFly?

LOL
Old 03-09-2001, 06:01 AM   #37
MoMo
Founding Member

FA Q
MoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 06:04 AM   #38
MoMo
Founding Member

FA Q

MoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 09:47 AM   #39
hindle
Founding Member

Default Re: Wednesday Update from Daytona

Some people define insanity as one who expects different results from the same old same old.

Nothing has changed. How are there times? How were they last year?

You my friend, by expecting different results, are quite insane!