Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-08-2001, 08:08 AM   #21
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Wednesday Update from Daytona

EnZed, here's a couple of sites that provide better news coverage of the AMA series (even Brent @ MO will agree on that).

www.amasuperbike.com

http://www.amadirectlink.com/prorace/01rr/01rr.html

this one is the AMA site, I've got the link taking you all the way to their road racing page

Enjoy it. I'm glad Slight got a ride somewhere. His comeback from brain surgery last year was nothing short of miraculous.

Also note that he is not signed yet for a full season on this team (from what I read recently). I think they're trying to sign him, and all parties are just waiting to see how this first round goes.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2001, 08:13 AM   #22
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Wednesday Update from Daytona

Was this corrected in the article already? I read the article, then saw the first post whining about "MO get your story straight.." and was already to flame the guy, that he should get his story straight.

If the MO staff changes a story, to address some of the posts, it would be nice if it was noted in the story, or at the end of the story. So that those people who care, would know that there was a mistake, and it was fixed.

It would prevent some of the cross-flaming that's going on lately.

MO, don't take all this flaming too personally. But realize that those of us living in snow-covered regions of the world are very frustrated not being able to ride. We get angry, irritable, and quite easily provoked.

I guess that's why the PMS term fits
Old 03-08-2001, 08:17 AM   #23
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Hello? McFly?

These are the first people I've seen referring to the Hayden boys using the "elder" crap. Why not just say Tommy, Nicky, Roger Lee, there are not other factory riders with those names.
Old 03-08-2001, 08:35 AM   #24
dirtybmxr
Founding Member

Default Re: are you kidding?

Hah hah hah!!
dirtybmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 08:47 AM   #25
hindle
Founding Member

Oh my god. I'm so sorry your worship. From this day forward I will never use the word elder. As it is to much for you to handle and far be it from to ruin your day.

hindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 08:50 AM   #26
hindle
Founding Member

Default Re: Typical Brainless Squid Comments

for your information I acutally race. yes I do race a Suzuki but that's just because Harely couldn't build a decent sport bike to save their lives and if they did it would probably cost twice as much and require a year waiting list.

I have been waiting and waiting for Harely do get their stuff together and year after year it's just disappointing and flat out embarrasing to see them out there.

For your information my D207 GP's are worn to the edges. I have pro tek resets and I still scrap pegs on the track so blow it out your arsehole.
Old 03-08-2001, 08:50 AM   #27
dirtybmxr
Founding Member

Mladin won last year by .1 sec after 200 miles. That would be a yawn?! Are you even a race fan? The VR is beyond hopeless, but since you like underdogs, I guess they are BY FAR your best choice. It doesn't take a lack of a life or a little brain to point out the fact that the VR's are terrible, just a memory. I wish them the best, but don't let your frustration make you resort to insulting everyone else for pointing out the facts.

btw - Nobody should have their tires scuffed over the edge on a street bike. If they do they are being a little crazy or running track take-offs. Some bikes will leave a quarter inch untouched, on the track anyway. Tire "scuffage" is a truly stupid way to compare a rider's prowess.

Flip flops, shorts, blah blah blah. Piss off.

"It generally seems that the guys who can ride the least talk trash the most." - My sentiments exactly.

dirtybmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 09:38 AM   #28
hindle
Founding Member

You know itdiots like yourself really burn me up....just because most of the sportbike community are made up of young punks that rip down the freeway in shorts and tanktops (no helmuts depending upon where youl ive) doesn't mean we are all like that. I haven't ridden on the streets for almost 2 years now because I race my bike. Mabye if I had 2 bikes I would ride one on the street but I'm not that rich yet. When I did ride on the street I always wore leathers, boots, etc... So don't get mad at me because your Harely SUCKS. So does your buell.

I lost my hope and faith in them a long time ago. I mean they almost won back when Miguel was riding for them. He quickly realized something that the rest of us didn't see. THEY ARE GOING NOWHERE.

How many decades will it take you to see the truth. There is a reason you don't see Harely's on the track at your local club races. THEY SUCK. That is just the stinking reality of it. So does your Buell they both suck. I would love to get you on the track one day and give you the spanking of your life. You and your over bored, rattling, piece of dog do.
Old 03-08-2001, 10:14 AM   #29
JoeBuell
Founding Member

That's exactly why I think you are a know-nothing squid. First of all, I don't own a Harley. I was merely interested in what was going on in their camp at Daytona. Second, you say it burns you up when people generalize about sportbike riders, then you go ahead and basically do the same thing with you comments about Harleys and Buells. You don't even have the first clue about my bike or what it can do, and yet your spouting off that it sucks. The reason I made the comment about the squid attire is to illustrate just what if feels like when people like YOU do it with Harley/Buell. Some of us like the idea of HD gaining some respect in racing, and are hoping they do it right. Some of us also like the whole idea behind Buell. Have you even ever ridden a Buell? (Since you said you haven't ridden on the street in two years, I'lll assume you haven't). Yet you already know that they suck. How many magazines did you have to look at to compare HP numbers to come to that opinion? To state that a bike "SUCKS" by only comparing stat sheets is truly a mark of the uniformed.

To be honest, I ride with guys who own all types of bikes, none of whom I think is a squid just becaus of the bike he rides. My best friend rides a VTR, another guy has a Ducati, one has a Gixxer, and one a VFR. I made the comment about "squid attire" to illustrate what it likes when people generalize about HD/Buell.

I'm also rooting for Nicky Haden on the RC51 because I like the idea of a young kid winning on a V-twin. My comment on Mladin was for the Championship, not the 200.

I try not to generalize about people by what they ride, but it seems quite ok to this board to generalize about people who ride Harleys and Buells.

The reason you don't see Harleys at local club races is that they make CRUISERS! The VR1000 is $50000 a copy (doubt that most privateers could afford that). And by the way, you do see Buells racing at local clubs. But even Buells are not meant to be track/race bikes. They are meant for the street, with lots of torque. I, like you, can't afford two bikes. Since most of my riding is on the street, I chose a bike that fit my needs. If I had the money for a track only bike, I'd probably get a Ducati or an RC51, but that's because I like twins. (Unless of course, the rumors of the new Buell with 135 RWHP from a 60 degree, OHC, oil-cooled twin are true. Then that would be my track bike).

I posted simply to try to get some information about something that interested me, and all that I got was HD bashing and ridicule.

People who think they are superior to the rest of us because of what they ride, burn me up too, but I guess it's ok to do that to HD/Buell fans.

I also like the comments about HD over-pricing. Do any of you realize it is the dealers who put the mark-ups on the bike and the factory gets none of that money? You're blaming the factory for something they didn't even do. And, by the way, not all HD dealers sell over MSRP. And if you think for one second, that some dealers of the other manufactures wouldn't do the same thing, then your just naive. Did you see the prices some dealers were getting for the RC51 last year? Not quite $9999 from what I saw.

JoeBuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 10:37 AM   #30
stevegrab
Founding Member

DAMN STRAIGHT!