Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 08-22-2006, 03:16 PM   #91
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Ducati Drops AMA Superbike

Why don't you go to Superbikeplanet.com and look them up yourself roadracingworld.com has it too.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2006, 05:38 PM   #92
schizuki
Founding Member

"Everyone knows the rules are stacked against the inline 4s in WSB."

Maybe the rules are stacked against Twins in AMA.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:26 PM   #93
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Marital fidelity

Sure, but he's also responsible for the abandonment of the troops in Somalia and for murdering Serbs with his aerial bombing campaign.

Gotta take the good with the bad.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:27 PM   #94
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: All Your Base Are Belong to Us

Catherine Bell.....
Old 08-22-2006, 06:30 PM   #95
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Who cares how many cylinders

How about this one?

She rides, too.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:40 PM   #96
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

Default Re: reluctant warriors.

That's always the case. The Bush Administration hasn't done a minute of combat - all of them together - but they lambasted Kerry, McCain and Cleland on the way up. You could include Powell in that group tangentially. All of them decorated veterans, all of them slimed as unpatriotic by a bunch of civilians.

The media got in on the act, too. Coulter said:

"Cleland didn't give his limbs for his country or leave them on the battlefield" because she says he lost his limbs in a "routine, noncombat mission where he was about to drink beer with his friends."

Last I heard, he hopped on a live grenade while being dropping into hot LZ by chopper.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:52 PM   #97
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

I don't understand your logic, K.

Equal displacement 1000cc engines means that inline 4s have a significant advantage in power over triples and twins. It is a known effect that the more cylinders you have the more power you have per cc.

Asking for more displacement if you manufacture triples or twins, then, isn't "cheating" it is evening up the race so teams using other engine designs can be competitive. Why? Because they don't want to drop a zillion dollars designing a new I4 just because someone thinks they are the best engines.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:56 PM   #98
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: reluctant warriors.

Yup. Shortly before I retired, I was sitting in the control room of the Oil platform where I worked, passing on turnover notes to my afternoon counterpart, who is arRock Ribbed Republican, and the Contruction Foreman walked in, ex-Marine, all six foot four of him, looking a little puzzled. He had just been watching the Bushies trying to rationalize going to war with Saddam on TV. He asked me "weren't you in the Army during Vietnam?" "Draftee", is all I said. "Two years and out." He turned to Cindy and asked her "Weren't you in the Air Force for like ten years?" She nodded, wondering what he was getting at. He said "Do either of you know what the hell we think we're doing?" We didn't. It was kind of apparent that we had plenty on our plate without attacking a regime that shot Isalmic Radicals on sight. People who have never been through a war always think it's going to be over quick, and the problem is solved. Like a lot of people, I kinda wished Bush's Dad had ripped up the Republican Guards for a couple more days at least, leaving him fatally weakened, and ripe for overthrow. Bush demurred, because he feared that Iraq would fragment, and be more of a problem to us than it was already. All poor shrub has done so far is prove that Father knows best.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:53 AM   #99
ksquid
Banned

Default Father knows best

Excellent that says it all.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:57 AM   #100
ksquid
Banned

Default My proposal

Yes up to point more cylinders more power. But really I am just rattling the cage of V-2 dominated GPTB.. I would love to see all kinds of engine configurations in racing.

My superbike proposal would be

1000 liquid V-Twins.

1500 Aircooled V-Twins

800 cc liquid cooled inline-4s.

up to 900 cc for triples..

Something like that.. I think 1200 cc for liquid V-Twins is overkill..