Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-06-2001, 12:36 PM   #1
jrw600
Founding Member

Default Re: AHRMA Done, Now Time for AMA at Daytona

Does anyone know if any of these races will be televised.Speedvision shows historic car races all the time ,it would be great to see bikes.

jrw600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2001, 01:29 PM   #2
weak_link
Founding Member

Fat chance. Seems like they only show the SuperBike races and if you're really lucky 500gp's. On race day you might get to see a 600ss but I wouldn't count on seeing vintage at all. I hope they prove me wrong!
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 01:39 PM   #3
john
Founding Member

they throw in some formlua extremes every now and again, and some european flat tracking. If you want to see and yistoric races, it is going to be actual old races rebroadcasted, which is fine with me, they are cool to watch. And, of course, there is always the IoM.
Old 03-07-2001, 08:03 AM   #4
stevegrab
Founding Member

Or you could actually go out and see the vintage races. I know that AHRMA runs several events nationwide. Some of the biggest are the one at Daytona (lot of racing on the weekend at Deland Airport, then some more Mon/Tue at Daytona). Then there are the two AMA Vintage Days events, one out west at Sear's Point in Sonoma CA, and the other in the Midwest/East at Mid-Ohio in Lexinton OH.

These can be lots of fun, I've gone to the event at Mid-Ohio a few times. It is fun to see some of the much older bikes going around the same road course used by the modern AMA series (and CART).

stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 09:30 AM   #5
Zionist
Founding Member

Poop! I never get first post. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Zionist is offline   Reply With Quote