Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   AMA Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/)
-   -   Laguna Seca Formula Xtreme Spoiler (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/3775-laguna-seca-formula-xtreme-spoiler.html)

brax4444 07-24-2006 02:13 AM

Re: Laguna Seca Formula Xtreme Spoiler

McWilliams is their best shot but how many races is he planning on participating in?

bmwdude 07-24-2006 02:54 AM

Good for Buell! (and Mr. Mcwilliams)

Now, If only Rossi's YammyHA could do this well! While all that smoke was pretty, it didn't help Val's race results.

I'm sooooo happy to see a Buell in the top 10!

gbrummett 07-24-2006 03:49 AM

Great work Erik!

It is good to see a Buell at number 8. I'm sure that racing will improve the breed!!

goodtime 07-24-2006 04:14 AM

Rossi was in the moto gp, not formula Xtreme.

bmwdude 07-24-2006 04:41 AM

Yes, I should have made mention of that for the uninitiated. My Bad.

In any case the point is made, that the big 4's race bikes are far from bullet proof. If I recall this is the second time this season that Rossi/Yamaha(motoGP) have failed to finish a race due to mechanical failure. Something that everyone, including me, have been hammering Buell for.

bmwdude 07-24-2006 04:43 AM

I agree, and that will be sweet!!!!!!

priday 07-24-2006 05:04 AM

Buell's Future......

......is nothing but bright. They are in the process of proving that they have a viable race platform, and as they get the kinks worked out, I think that even more valuable that the R&D that they will get from the racing program is the EXPOSURE to the buying public.

Even if they don't immediately or constantly blow the top out of the scores and finishes, the money for improvement doesn't come from racing per se, it comes from selling more motorcycles!

Good things are coming for Buell.

Rob

bbtowns 07-24-2006 05:12 AM

Spoke to a fellow who claimed to be in the know, who said that Buell is switching to a Rotax engine for some of their bikes in a couple of years, and the racing versions would certainly use that engine. Hard to believe Harley would go for it, but that would certainly up the performance. They'd lose that huge displacement advantage though.

priday 07-24-2006 05:18 AM

What I'd like to see.......

.... Is a big, nasty, oversized (for buell) supersport/sport touring rig. This IS a market that has a lot of DEEP pockets....

Something big enough to be cushy, but with all the adjustable bits (forks, shock, agressive lean angles, low maintainence, maybe a dual or oversized belt drive, etc, etc.) not as far up in the stratasphere as a Ulysses, and big enough for luggage, etc., and 2 full sized (read as plump) adults.

A scaled up Lightning with a big assed fuel tank, substantial wind protection, and more guts in the engine room.... with the new motor from H-D and the new 6-speed as well. Or even better, a juiced up V-Rod motor........

Well, I can dream, right?

Rob

bboule 07-24-2006 05:21 AM

Unfortunately for Buell McWilliams was still about 3 seconds off the pace, quite a bit of speed to find.