Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 05-22-2006, 04:10 AM   #31
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Bostrom Rules The Buells

You are off topic. The topic is th Buell losng big to the inline 4s...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2006, 07:04 AM   #32
tomk2
Founding Member

McWilliams went out with an ignition failure. He was in 8th place and running faster lap times than the 4-5-6-7 bikes. With the rain-shortened practice and qualifying he was still learning the track, his last few race laps were faster than his qualifying laps.

AFMer Shaun Riley from Vallejo H-D Buell finished 22nd. It doesn't sound like much but he'd only had the bike for 3 days and finished a lap up on Eric Gulbransen, who's seriously fast on a well prepped 749.

tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:22 AM   #33
anrajala
Founding Member

This is very true. I had a Royal Star V-4 before and when I got the Fat Boy V-2 there was big difference how I suddenly had to start to work the gears all the freaking time.

With V-4 you´d put 2nd gear on and if you did not stop to a standstill, that was all the gears you needed in town. It went comfily around-zero-to-110 kmh on that second gear. In V-2 you keep on changing 1-2-3-2-3-2-1-2-3 all the freaking time. It could rev higher if I let it but it gets so trashy up there. To do 110kmh comfortably you need 5th.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:49 PM   #34
stoney8888
Founding Member

oh really I thought it was about idiots with high i.q.s. or maybe rockets or something I guess I have to go back and read it again.

stoney8888 is offline   Reply With Quote