Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 04-30-2006, 06:16 PM   #11
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Quit your day job in 2009

Agree about the thread hi-jacking, you're not going to change anybodys mind so save it.

Tying racing in with NASCAR might not work, but maybe the sportscar series would, they use the same track right.?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2006, 01:38 AM   #12
fl34
Founding Member

Default Re: Bubba won't ride Superbikes

If I remember correctly, Kenny Roberts had the same kind of observation about motocross a number of years.
fl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:43 AM   #13
pplassm
Founding Member

Reed and Carmichael tied in points. Bubba 5 points down. Season finale in Vegas next weekend will broadcast live.

Salminen goes for 6 in a row in GNCC. Hayden leads in MotoGP points. KTM wins first 250 GP.

Who gives a rat's @ss about AMA (Suzuki) superbikes?
Old 05-01-2006, 04:08 AM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

The AMA ties the half-mile flattrack race in Joliet with the NASCAR race that same weekend. Since I didn't attend last year, I wonder if it boosted attendance. I went to the Joliet race about 4 years ago, and it was simply the worst run event I ever saw in my life. I will probably go this year, and I hope they got their act together since the last event I was at. Marketing is everything for this stuff. No cash, no people. That's just the way it is.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:49 AM   #15
lwatcdr
Founding Member

Default I do like road raceing but..

The simple truth is for the most part oval racing is a better spectator sport than road racing. It is easier to watch from the stands. That is why Nascar and and Indy racing are so much more popular in the US than road racing. I keep hoping things like in car and on bike cameras will change that for TV at least.

lwatcdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:54 AM   #16
ksquid
Banned

Right no thread hijacking....I watched the two Superbike races they weren't that competitive. I think Supersport is the most fun to watch..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:57 AM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: I do like road raceing but..

It depends on the track really. The Speedway is a difficult venue because it's flat all the way around. Laguna Seca is a great place to watch because it's on the side of a hill and you can get many different view points if you're willing to hustle around a bit.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:02 AM   #18
bigdx
Founding Member

"Who gives a rat's @ss about AMA (Suzuki) superbikes?"

I believe kp does ... a lot.
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:10 AM   #19
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: General observations from Saturday

I thought supermoto was supposed to be the big event this year?

Infineon (Infinion Raceway - stupid name - they should have kept it Sears Point) has really improved things - except it lost its homey feel. Now, it's a more modern setup for the fans. The track is still about the same though - only minor improvements from what I can see. Cold pits are great with lots visibility of the crew and racers when they are present. The grandstand isn't very good for viewing a race. But, they usually broadcast the race on an AM channel so you should be parking your butt at a favorite corner and listening to the race on the radio. If you really want to see the race you have to stay home and watch it on TV.

Laguna Seca sucks by comparison. Tracks better, but they don't cater for the crowd well and most of the best places to watch the race are on the dirt.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:16 AM   #20
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: I do like road raceing but..

If you are willing to stand, sit in the dirt or pay extra for the bleacher seats.

The track is great!

I like Turn 4, because you can sit down, have some lunch and watch the race on the screen.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote