Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-12-2006, 10:33 AM   #21
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: *Spoiler* Daytona Superbike Results.

Should we put JohnnyB on suicide alert?

Someone should give him a ring. He might be bleeding out in a warm bath right about now.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #22
ksquid
Banned

Default Too Bad. However

You' are correct of course. However, what is good for Mladin is not necessarily good for racing. As long as Suzuki and Joe Rocket give him the opportunity and money he should keep doing it. Hopefully the Hayden boys can follow in their brothers footsteps i.e. beat Mladin in Superbike and go on to bigger and better things. Too bad Yamaha isn't in Superbike, Disalvo and Eric Bostrom are very talented.

I think World Superbike is making a comeback though. Yes both Troy's have been to MotoGP. But there are some young guys who haven't. Toseland, Pitt, Norick, Lorenzo Lanzi etc Before MotoGP went to four strokes one could argue that MotoGP and WSB were equals. Remember the Edwards and Bayliss duels? WSB has the world wide tour of great road racing circuits to make it more attractive vs. the AMA race on the inside of NASCAR ovals.. You are right. Right now WSB does seem like a retirement home for MotoGP has beens. Baylis, Corser, Barros, Xaus, Haga...

However, Mladin, DuHammel, Yates, B Bostrom might fit in a similiar category in AMA. i.e. can't go anywhere else.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:59 AM   #23
ksquid
Banned

LOL ...Should we console him by saying before that bad pit stop the Buell was right up there in the 200? Or do you think he would see right throw it?
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:48 AM   #24
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Mladin outfoxes Spies to win Daytona Superbike opener.

The stands are not the best place the watch the 200 from and shouldn't be the judge of it's success IMHO. I've tried it and it's cool for the close-up speed factor (they're Flyin') but the infield lets you see the Riders working the machines better. The stands worked great for the Supercross Friday night and the infield was great for the races yesterday. I saw some great racing.

Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:49 AM   #25
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Clever new handle

KPaul in order to be considered a squid you actually have to ride.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:38 AM   #26
SmokeU
Registered Member

Default Re: Mladin outfoxes Spies to win Daytona Superbike opener.

Decent engine design? HA! With the help of Porsche.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:20 AM   #27
SRMark
Founding Member

Harley sure has a history of not knowing how to change a tire. The entire Buell field smelled up the place. The AMA has no idea how to put fans in the seats. The pace car picked up the wrong "leader" and put the 4th and 5th place bikes an effective lap down. Eric and Miguel thank that dolt very little, I'm sure. Honda won't contest the rest of the series, leaving the "crap of the crop" to fight it out the rest of the season. All in all, the 200 miler just sucks. Give me **** Mann and some old Triumph triples any old day. Emphasis on old. Still, amidst all the carnage, Miguel sure was fun to watch. This race is starting to smell as bad as the Indy 500.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:17 AM   #28
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Maybe you know.....

..why somebody would trumpet their expiration of their subscription for a month, then crow about how the wife won't let him be on MO, and then show up a week later with a new login. Now the REAL question is why the hell would somebody do this TWICE? Maybe you have some insight.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:00 AM   #29
orcyclist
Founding Member

It is officially AMA Stupor-bike IMO. Mladin maybe a great rider, but he is so boring! The other races ALL were more exciting. Super sport and Supertstock should both be great season-long battles.

Although I am no DuHamel fan, I have to hand it to him for his gutsy re-mount and ride in the 200. He had a graceful out but refused to take it. (Just PLEASE keep his girlfriend off of the screen!!!)

But only 2 weeks until real racing Starts _ MOTOGP!!
Old 03-13-2006, 08:25 AM   #30
cfc
Registered Member

Default Buell problems discussed - Erik Buell?

this posting comes from the bad weather bikers web site (Buell specific), and the poster "Anonymous" seems to have a lot of inside info in regards to Buell.

"The problems were all primary drive related. Rico and Cicotto both had clutch inner hub problems, McWilliams had the timing wheel loosen from the front primary sprocket, and Crevier reported a primary chain issue. The driveline was taking a hammering from tire chatter going into corners -- something that would have been eliminated if we had gotten a slipper clutch finished in time. We tested one up to qualifying, but it wasn't consistent enough -- yet -- to run. The slipper also made the bike quicker; Jeremy picked up almost a second a lap with it.

There was no problem with Jeremy's front brake other than having the pads pushed back when the unmounted wheel ****ed as the bike fell off the stand. It took several pumps of the lever to get the pads back against the disk. The disk that came off at that tire change looked great, and Jeremy was happy with brake performance.

The 4.4 gallon capacity was a problem at Daytona; it dicated a three-stop strategy, which could have been avoided if we had the maximum 5.0 gallon capacity.

The best news was the engines were strong, the top speed competitive with the best Japanese 600s, and the acceleration off turns outstanding. Both Jeremy's and Rico's engines were running better and better as the race went on -- until the primary drive issues surfaced."
cfc is offline   Reply With Quote