Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 02-19-2006, 06:24 AM   #1
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: New Rule Making Committees for AMA Pro Racing.

So now the AMA is promoting "flexible and emergency" rule changing? What a crock of $hit! Don't they realise that, yes they are very "transparent" in their intentions? No wander that Honda has pulled out of their stupid board. As Honda reps said it, a rule book is and should be the most sacred and solid structure in racing! Without that, racing becomes a joke that borders on the grotesque.

As usual the AMA bends over backwards to acomodate Harley Davidson and they try to disguise it as a great and noble move!

This year will be my last as a member of their pathetic organisation. They have been very detrimental to racing in this country and now are well on their way to putting the last nail in the proverbial coffin.

AMA, GO TO HELL!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2006, 07:00 AM   #2
tomk2
Founding Member

Are you talking about the new Buell for FX (the class that Honda isn't even competing in any more)? The one that costs maybe 1/4 as much as last years FX Hondas?

Yeah, I can really see where the Honda boys must feel victimized... the ENTIRE Buell development budget and production of all 50 privateer bikes probably cost less than what HRC spends on swag like shirts and ball caps each year

what Buell is doing, offering real privateers a competitive race bike at a super-bargain $30K, is unprecedented in road racing. The only thing like it was back when Harley would sell any flat tracker an XR750
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 07:50 AM   #3
pplassm
Founding Member

Or the early 70's when Yamaha sold any roadracer a TZ750!
Old 02-19-2006, 08:28 AM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member

In related news the AMA also confirmed that in order to increase its popularity, it would change its slogan to "Boogity Boogity Boogity boys, let's go racin'!!!!"
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:42 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Yeah, the AMA doesn't want to horn in on NASCAR. At Daytona today they had Bon Jovi playing before the race, James Caan doing the starting duties, Jay Leno driving the pace car, Will Farrell doing a commercial for em, and 200 thou were in the stands watching. I hear the Daytona MC race has Boxcar Willie lined up to entertain the 300 people in the stands. Should be some party!
Old 02-19-2006, 10:25 AM   #6
obandoj
Founding Member

Yeah, and I remember when Ricky Graham and Bubba Shobert, on Hondas, were kicking the pi$$ out of Harley Davidson on the flat tracks of America, only to have the AMA change the rules to turn the "scales" in favor of Harley Davidson, and Honda saying good bye for ever from flat tracking. And by the way, in case you do not understand what a rule book is all about, it is about being fair and not about changing the rules with, and I quote, "flexible and emergency rules"

And I am not sticking up for Honda, Ducati, Suzuki or any other manufacturer, I am sticking up for the future of racing in this country!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 10:34 AM   #7
bugz
Founding Member

What 50 bikes? They approved the Buell for Daytona without any homologation bikes existing! Just another example of the corrupt AMA arbitrarily ignoring its own rules in oredr to favor Harley.

This is what has just about killed flat track.
bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 10:36 AM   #8
Buzglyd
Founding Member

At your typical AMA Superbike race 4 pizzas would feed everyone in attendance.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:12 AM   #9
tomk2
Founding Member

These aren't a new bike that needs to be homologated, this is a legal modification of the Buell XB12Ss which Buell has sold hundreds of.

The only thing Buell did "wrong" was let some PR person send out a press release describing these as an "XBRR" . If Buell had phrased it as "XB12Ss with factory installed race parts" there wouldn't even be a debate about their legality under long-existing FX rules

You will soon be able to build exactly the same bike starting with an XB12Ss and Buell catalog parts you can order from any Buell dealer.

Try doing that with a CBR600RR. If American Honda would sell you the HRC catalog parts (read the latest Road Racing World to see how they screwed privateers last year) it'd cost you a whole lot more that $30K.

Honda will show up at Daytona with four tractor-trailer rigs supporting Duhamel and Zemke, the Buell dealer teams will show up with pickup trucks pulling two wheel trailers and a couple pop-up tents...

hopefully Honda won't get caught cheating again (with, for example, magnesium wheels machined and painted to look like stock, complete with phony DOT markings) or else no doubt we'll have to hear the Honda bois cry some more.

tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:15 AM   #10
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Thick crust or Thin?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote