Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 02-19-2006, 10:28 AM   #11
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: New Rule Making Committees for AMA Pro Racing.

.........I mean, I can eat a *LOT* of Pizza, 'specially if'n you've got Beer to go with it..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2006, 10:49 AM   #12
TLS_MAN
Founding Member

I believe the changes being made is for the AMA to take control of racing, I just hope they start doing what is best for racing. I think the fact that Honda is leaving is probably a good sign that things are being done right. The big four have been running things from behind the scenes for years with the AMA rubber stamping their decisions. I think that is why they will make sure that they aren't in control of the rule making. The Buell is questionable going by the rules, but the big four doesn't sell the parts to make a competitive FX bike. The stuff being sold by the Yamaha Racing website is closest, but I bet the factory team has things that aren't being sold. I applaud Buell for making all the parts available so a privateer has a decent shot of being more than a backmarker if he/she has talent.

I hope the first thing they do is the following:

1. Make one extreme class FX 600, with all Factories participating. (Better preparation for the new 800cc MotoGP Class)

2.Make the 1000cc class to Superstock rules with no engine modifications including compression.

3.Supersport 600cc with no engine modifications at all, with only slip-on exhaust and Power Commander. Also allow 750cc twins and 675 Triples to compete. Age limit of 25 and below helps develope and showcase new talent instead of old factory guys cherry picking for the factories.

4.Create a class for the older twins both air and water cooled.

TLS_MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:19 AM   #13
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Honda resigns from AMA Board

"This just in from American Honda, noting they have now resigned from the AMA board.

Of special note may be the fifth paragraph down in regards to the legality of the Buell XBRR for the FX class."

See Superbike Planet. com aka Soup
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 02:27 PM   #14
johnnyb
Founding Member

like totally dude. XBRR frame is 100% XB same-same. What part of "unlimited engine modifications" is Honda having trouble with? I love it when people bash H-D based upon what happened in flat track 25 years ago or was it 30? Like whatever a republican does wrong, it's always back to TED KENNEDY CHAPPAQUID****!!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 03:01 PM   #15
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Dude I totally used that one a couple of days ago!

Some old bitty from Massachusetts of all places was saying **** Cheney should be in jail for not having a $7 quail stamp on his hunting license!

I then bought her and her husband a drink for his 70th birthday.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 04:43 PM   #16
Fenton
Founding Member

Teddy did have some huevos questioning Judge Allito's past. That is a big waste of scotch.

Love the quail sticker. hehe
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 04:55 PM   #17
FrankS1
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda resigns from AMA Board

As has been pointed out in other posts, Honda has been cheating on some occasions also, so their protests that "the rule book should be sacred" seem a bit strained. Makes me wonder if they might have had a few tricks up their sleeve..

I remember that a friend of mine who was into drag racing pointed out that Unlimited Fuel was the only class where there was no cheating..

Has the time come to bring back the "claiming" system?
FrankS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 03:46 AM   #18
obandoj
Founding Member

Nobody was bashing HD, I was bashing the AMA for acting just like the Kennedy's, the Libby's, the Chaney's and all the other scumbags that are ruining our country,and now our racing!

Lets change the rules!!!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 04:06 AM   #19
nweaver
Founding Member

As long as the XB-RR really did start life as a XB-9R or XB-12R streetbike, and as long as the engine started as such too, it meets the rules which were engineered in HD's favor a couple years back.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:28 AM   #20
acecycleins
Founding Member

AMA's approach to racing is going to kill AMA racing events if we (memebers) don't stand up and raise H*LL. The way I see it the racing boards should be set up (for all diciplines) as follows: The Champion and runner-up and top privateer are automatically included for each series top class. Then three (top retail dealers from across the country should be included. After that they should elect three AMA members in a rotating basis of 2 year stints.

There should be NO arguement about the Racers top three being in because they will serve as consultants for safety in rules changes not dictating homogelation rules.

The three classes in roadracing should be: Superbike, FX and 600 supersport (ss bikes can only be on DOT street-rubber with exhaust mods). SuperCross and Lites can remain but Aprilia should be allowed to run the v-twin (it's not their fault they engineered a better motor- deal with it.) MX and GN racing can remain (including Aprilia). Supermoto will remain but the premier class is the 450 (Aprilia would have to run the unlimited class w/ the 550). Flat Track (althought silly in set-up) will remain to see if those rules changes will work out for the "06 season. How hard was that? BTW. Buell got it right and the AMA was right for letting them in. If you have a problem with that then ban air-cooled bikes.