Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 02-11-2006, 11:11 AM   #31
m42
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Gives Thumbs-Up to the XBRR

lets race a 900 against a 600 and see if we can win. and the ama will allow hd to do this. do you think they will let ducati run there 999 in f. ex. NO
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2006, 02:32 PM   #32
RRocket
Founding Member

Default Sucks...

Yep..if it was the Japanese or Italian making a "race only" version of their sportbike and NOT offering it for sale for street use, we all know what the AMA would be saying.........
RRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:43 PM   #33
mcarroll
Founding Member

You need to learn a little more about motorcylces and engines before you start spouting off. Those 600 cc liquid cooled engines can make a lot more horsepower than almost all 1000 cc air-cooled V-twins because they can spin at twice the RPM's, as in the I4's redline around 16K RPMs and an XB12 redlines at 7K RPMs. cc's should be the last consideration when developing the raqcing guidelines. They should look at HP, weight, etc. I have absolutely no problem seeing a 150hp, 1350 cc air-cooled v-twin race against a 150hp, 600 cc inline-four. Sounds like a good race to me. I'm sure the I-4s, especially the factory backed Yamaha's, will come out on top but I am sure going to watch and I'll be rooting for Buell. Oh, and hearing the Buell fly around the track if going to be pretty cool. There's nothing like the thunder of those twins flying around. Lastly, I agree about adding the Triumph D675. I see no reason why they shouldn't be running in FX
mcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:34 PM   #34
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Let Triumph in, too

The 749 is legal; there were a couple in last year's farce. What I meant was that with the Triple included, we'd have a nice assortment of hardware.

The Triumph isn't legal. Although, from what I remember of the FX rules, it should be because the 675cc displacement fits right between the 749 water-cooled twin and the 600 water-cooled I-4s. But triples aren't mentioned, so the rules would have to be ammended.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #35
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Let Triumph in, too

Triples are not mentioned from what I remember, so they're not legal. But what does it have to do with being water-cooled? The 749 is a water-cooled twin. The Japanese 600s are w-c I-4s. The Triumph should slot nicely in between, but the rules have not been ammended to allow them.

But maybe I'm forgetting something in the rules.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #36
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Agreed. The XBRR MAY have the speed to run with the front pack but will they last? I think they'll sound great at Daytona, I'll know soon enough.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 04:44 PM   #37
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

The 675 would sound nice too.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:33 PM   #38
m42
Founding Member

but its no difference with the ama drag racing with hd. hd can run a fuel inj. system and not worry about lbs. but the jap bikes have to run carbs and add lbs. to the bikes so that hd can win. sounds like BS to mee. i wish they would come out and say it that they cant make a competative cycle and be done with it.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #39
m42
Founding Member

your right MCCCARROLL, a 1000 v-twin (rc51) can,t run with a 750.(AMA 2002) So lets allow harley davidson run its version of a moto gp bike(and thats what it is. HD's baddest bike that they can make) and run it against a 600 I4.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:11 AM   #40
bmwdude
Founding Member

All I know is this. We, at loooong last have an American bike that can not only race, but in the right hands be very competitive.

150 HP from the factory, the same as a 999r. A design(999) that I watched win on day two at mid-Ohio last year with my own eyes. And that race wasn't a FormulaX race, the 999 was racing against the big bikes! They had several wins last year.

Now I truly look forward to seeing if the Buell can do the same.

Say what you want, I am a happy, happy race fan this season.

bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote