Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 01-31-2006, 10:25 AM   #1
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Names Pro Racing Interim Management Team.

OK now that Scott Harleysworth is out.. Time to fix the rules.[*]Two classes only 600 cc and 1000 cc.[*] Use a heat method for qualifying. i.e. On Saturday have 4 races. First Race 600 SS heat 1 Second Race 600 SS heat 2 Third Race 1000 SB heat 1 Fourth Race 10000 SB heat 2.[*] Top 20 in each heat advance... to 4 races on Sunday (2 races for 600 SS and 2 for1000 SB)...
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2006, 10:52 AM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

First post suggestion is great. Pity that it's going to take three people to screw up the same job Scott screwed up all by himself.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:22 PM   #3
tomk2
Founding Member

Why do people think Scott H. was responsible for the screwed up AMA class structure? Maybe he was forced out for resisting ideas that were even worse!

tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:06 AM   #4
acecycleins
Founding Member

If the guy is the CEO he has the ability to control the business. He makes the final call. Regardless, he is still the Manager and his management skills were not up to the job in this case. I can't say I know the guy but I have talk by phone to him on several times. He is a super nice guy in my opinion, but I believe the biggest problem with AMA racing is that they are trying to cater to the factories too much. Mostly because the factories like to race what they sell. Fact is, this is a sport and we the fans should seperate the racing from street rides. Allowing just three classes. 600 superstock, 600 fx and superbike. That allows privateers to race competitively in the 600 superstock race and the national pros to race FX & SB.