Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 02-12-2001, 09:03 AM   #1
weak_link
Founding Member

Default Re: Kocinski Out, Slight In at CompAcc Ducati

LOL! Guess Ducati could only take so much before they told that guy to get lost. I've had the chance to talk to him a couple times at the races and he was real nice but from a team manager point of view, what a nightmare. Talk about a high maitnence rider!

ps//I'm first
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2001, 09:19 AM   #2
RRocket
Founding Member

Although it is possibly true that Kocinski is "tough" to work with, it's a shame he won't be around for the AMA season. It's no secret that Mladin and John-John don't like each other, it would have made for some colourful action both on and off the track. Even if you don't like the guy, you have to admit that the season may not be as exciting as it would have been if he was around. Hopefully some other team will pick him up, or maybe he will "wildcard" a couple of rounds. If Kocinski had stayed around with Slight in AMA as well, the series would have been a "who's who" of motorcycle racing. Kocinski, Slight, Russell, Duhamel, Mladin, ...and the list goes on and on. Just the same, it's fixing up to be quite a season in AMA. I can't wait....
RRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 09:20 AM   #3
panthercity
Founding Member

I'd really like to see John keep a ride. From his first race at Oak Hill in East Texas two decades ago until now, he has shown himself to be an outstanding rider. Now if he can only solve some of the relationship issues. He's only going to get so many chances at top flight rides.
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 09:56 AM   #4
moto
Founding Member

Kocinski has been a superb rider at times & an awlful one at others. The problem is that he is known as such a "****" that he makes it embaresing to be an American fan. I'm glad he's out & can't thing of a better replacement than Slight.
moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 10:50 AM   #5
doohan
Founding Member

I liked watching John Ko ride but I have to tell you I'm even more excited about watching Slighty have a whack at AMA. Also looking forward to seeing him at Dayona...........Go Slighty!
doohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 12:57 PM   #6
Sport-Tourer
Founding Member

Regardless of how difficult John may be to work with, one thing is certain..hes a fierce competitor. Noone can take that from him. While there are numerous riders competing in the AMA and WSB ranks, there are fewer that have proven they CAN win. To have one sit out takes away a little from the sport. This late in the game, one must wonder how long ago Ducati lined Slight up to replace John. hmm, I wonder if Slights spot is still available with Castrol Honda... John, I'm "pullin for ya".. Sport-Tourer
Sport-Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 01:01 PM   #7
BurningSquid
Founding Member

I agree.
BurningSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 01:15 PM   #8
slowerthnme
Founding Member

Did anyone see the race yesterday...when suz ran all over the honda...before turn one..........
slowerthnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 05:13 PM   #9
Roland
Founding Member

Default WOOHOO!

WOOHOO!!!!

OHIO rulez!!@#!

Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 07:28 PM   #10
superbikefan
Founding Member

Ummm...what the hell are you talking about? Care to be more specific- what race, where, what riders? And what's your point?
superbikefan is offline   Reply With Quote