Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 02-12-2001, 08:10 PM   #11
bbunting
Founding Member

Default Re: Kocinski Out, Slight In at CompAcc Ducati

Honda is going to be sorry they let Arron go,
I have been and still am a fan of John K. And I wish there was a way he, Larry and Arron could all run but given all the talk about John not being able to set up the Duke to his riding style and the "Demands" he was "Reported" to have made. Going with Arron is the best choice, he has a style that will go grand on the Duke and I for one cannot wait to see him run. Did I forget to say I was also a big Arron Slight fan as well?
bbunting is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2001, 11:58 PM   #12
CBR750H
Founding Member

I am really glad to see that Slight is back on 2 wheels and not going to race cars. I am a honda fan but I have always supported Slight.Pity he had to go to Duacati as in AMA Miguel is my man.I would have liked to see him on a Aprillia in WSB and have him beat the Honda's to show them what a mistake they made.I will follow AMA much closer now. Go Slighty.
CBR750H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 01:53 AM   #13
MoMo
Founding Member

Default OHIO rules

MoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 07:00 AM   #14
stevegrab
Founding Member

Tadyuki Okada (formerly a Honda 500GP rider) took Slight's spot on the Castrol Honda WSC team.

Slight has proven that he can win too, he just never won the WSC Championship. He was a top 2-3 finisher many years when Foggy, Kocinski and others won the title. Anybody that can come back from a brain tumor, and surgery like he did deserves a chance.

From what I read it sounds like Kocinski was being difficult, and not signing a contract until he got exactly what he wanted. Evidently, Ducati (more so than CompAcc) decided that what he wanted was more than what they agreed to in principle, so they cut him loose.

It will be interesting to hear his comments if he makes any.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 07:02 AM   #15
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: WOOHOO!

The company that is running the team, and primary sponsor, Competition Accessories, is located in Ohio (in Springfield, about an hour west of Columbus) in the US. I don't know why that means "Ohio rules", but that is the Ohio connection.

Yeah, Aaron's a New Zealander, I think most of us new that.

stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 09:21 AM   #16
suicyco
Founding Member

if your that big a fan, how come you cant spell his name right then
suicyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 09:58 AM   #17
hamatsu
Founding Member

Default Re: Miguel = man

If Miguel is your man in the AMA does that make Nicky your boy ? Would Kurtis be your red-headed stepchild ? Or would that relegate the Roberts' youngest to embryo status ? Don't being a Honda fan and supporting Slight go kinda' hand in hand ? I thought it was kind of crappy that Honda didn't renew his contract and brought in Tady Okada to replace him. Like....Okada did something in GP's last year. NOT ! I think alot of the rider choices in WSB and (definitely) GP's has more to do with the riders nationality than it does his skill. I do hope that Slight has a good year though. He deserves it after placing in the top five for so many years in WSB and not winning the crown. tee hee hee
hamatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 05:16 PM   #18
bbunting
Founding Member

At least I've balls enough not to hide my email address, and yes I did spell Aaron Slight's name wrong. I say I'm a very sorry dip to Mr. Slight, and mean him no offence. He may recall I sent him a card, email via honda and flowers during his hospital stay.

You however Mr. Suicyo, well you can sit on it and spin.

Delivery failed 3 attempts: suicyco@suicyco.com

Original message follows.

Received: from throach [207.231.76.140] by mail.mailstart.com
(SMTPD32-5.05) id AF3B1957007E; Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:11:55 -0800
To: suicyco@suicyco.com
CC:
Subject: Thanks,
Message-Id:
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
content-length: 61

That is the last time I run spell check on a post.

Bob

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Louis Pasteur

Shame mine was offline when I posted the 1st message.
bbunting is offline   Reply With Quote