Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 02-10-2001, 08:08 AM   #1
offyboy
Founding Member

Default Re: New RoadRace Course In Central Pennsylvania?

There is a new RR course NE of Harrisburg, off of I-81. Not sure if this is the one you're thinking of.

o
offyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2001, 08:14 AM   #2
offyboy
Founding Member

Default Specifics

here's the specifics re my reply:

http://www.rauschcreekracing.com/index.php

Rausch Creek will run a WERA regional event or two, plus some track days.

o

BTW, it isn't Grandview, which is a dirt oval SW of Allentown.

offyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2001, 10:45 AM   #3
Hamrhd
Founding Member

Looks to be a DIRT TRACK .
Hamrhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2001, 02:33 PM   #4
CBRF4
Founding Member

There is a new Road Race course in PA. It is called Rausch Creek Motorsports Park.

www.rauschcreekracing.com

The park features a 2.33 mile road race course as well as a motorcross and atv park. The road race course will be open this spring and will host several WERA events. It is located 40 miles north of Harrisburg on RT. 81 in Valley View, PA.
CBRF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2001, 03:24 PM   #5
bret41
Founding Member

Yes, there is a new road course being developed in Pennsylvania. You can visit www.rauschcreekracing.com to find out more information. The plans look awsome but no blacktop has been laid at this point. This area is becoming a motocyclist's dream - motocross park, off road riding area (tower city) and now the road course. The first date scheduled at the road course is for April 28, 2001 with our sportbike club.
bret41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 04:08 AM   #6
Mutt
Founding Member

The course looks great! I am a huge CART fan in addition to motorcycle racing. Any chance it'll get Champ Cars back into Penn? They lost Nazareth this year presumably because there were too many ovals in the schedule.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 04:52 AM   #7
Sport-Tourer
Founding Member

Bret, That was your chance to get a "plug" in. I found out about the track weeks ago surfing motorcycle links when I stopped and read the "ReDuc Sportbike Assoc." web page. And ReDuc has a nice graphic of the track (including an elevation change model). See more at www.ReDuc.com. Also, new to the AMA circuit this year is the Virginia International Raceway (an old circuit thats being resurected) located near Danville, Va. This is great news for those enthusiasts in the southeast. Charlotte (now Lowes) Motor Speedway hosted the AMA in 92 or 93 (lost my ticket stub so I can't verify the year, sorry) but after crashes that were believed to be the cause of abrupt asphalt changes where the infield met the high banking, it was decided not to return. I hope there is more done to promote these new tracks and the events there. Fans won't be there if they don't hear about it. Come on AMA, with SpeedVision and FOX competing to cover the roadrace events, how about advertising a little?Road Atlanta promotes the Big Kahuna Nationals and gets a pretty good turnout. Down here, if it aint NASCAR...noone hears about it. See you all at the races.
Sport-Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 12:38 PM   #8
bret41
Founding Member

I wasn't "plugging" but since you mentioned it. I ride with an organization called Northeast Sportbike Association, NESBA. Great Organization. You can find out more about it at www.nesba.com. Also, we do have dates at VIR and many other tracks. Assuming that Rausch Creek will be ready to go on April 28, we will be the first group to put a wheel on the track. You can see all the organizations that will be at Rausch Creek on their website.
bret41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 01:59 PM   #9
Sport-Tourer
Founding Member

umm, actually I was goading you to do a little "plugging". You'd be surprised how many riders still don't know about the many amateur race clubs they could join, where they could test their mettle on a track for a cost far less than the incurred fee of a lawyer and fines for a subsequent reckless driving charge. The more we publicize (or shamelessly plug), the higher memberships they (hopefully) will attain. Come on guys, MO has given us this open forum, send in information regarding your local amateur events. Lets make roadracing here in the states as big as "football" in the UK!
Sport-Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 03:55 AM   #10
oldjapbikes
Founding Member

"rummors?" hate to b*tch, but come on! r-u-m-o-r-s. With all this money that will soon come in, you will be buying/using spellcheckers, won't you?
oldjapbikes is offline   Reply With Quote