Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 02-12-2001, 07:19 AM   #11
yyz
Founding Member

Default Insurance $$??

Hello, I'm looking for some help. I have a ' 99 ZX-6R that I pay approx. $390/year for full comprehensive insurance ($500 ded.) from one of the major, if not THE major bike insurer in the USA. That same Co. just quoted me over $ 1000 for a new '01 ZX-7R, same coverage limits. The question is : Does everyone pay almost TRIPLE for an extra 150 cc ?? Record is clean, I'm over 30, own a house. I don't want to name the Co. because their service is great otherwise, and I've had no problems, are friendly. Thanks for the feedback in advance.
yyz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2001, 08:42 AM   #12
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Insurance $$??

Well it could be that they just have 2 scales for engine size, and the over 600cc scale is much higher. I insure with State Farm (who also has my car, and renter's insurance), in Akron OH, and both my 600cc bikes (a 97 Bandit and a 2000 F4) are about the same cost. From what they told me their scales are almost entirely based on engine displacement (as far as specific things about the bike).

My guess is you also live in a very large metro area, with high crime. Consider one last thing, that ZX-7R (is that the Kawi superbike platform?) may be a red-flagged bike (like Hayabusas, and other bikes).
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 09:10 AM   #13
djGSXR
Founding Member

Default Re: New RoadRace Course In Central Pennsylvania?

The new track is Raush Creek Motorsports Park, located off I-81 exit 33 north of Harrisburg. They have a full shcedule for 2001 including a WERA event in late May. Here is a link:

http://www.rauschcreekracing.com/index.php

Hope this helps,

djGSXR
djGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 09:13 AM   #14
kgsxr
Founding Member

Default Re: New RoadRace Course In Central Pennsylvania?

Go to www.rauschcreekracing.com There you'll find all tha answers you are looking for.
kgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote