Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   AMA Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/)
-   -   AMA Superbike Versus MotoGP (updated) (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/2914-ama-superbike-versus-motogp-updated.html)

Vlad 07-10-2005 01:24 PM

Re: AMA Superbike Versus MotoGP (updated)

Hmmm. Now that Nicky won the race, with Edwards leading Rossi, what have you to say?

Vlad

P-Ratt 07-10-2005 04:47 PM

How about a race report?

Gippy 07-10-2005 05:55 PM

yeah, the dude before was trying to say the 2strokes for faster... dont know where hes getting his info

YZFas 07-10-2005 07:36 PM

Hes good at home where opposition has no chance cause they don't know track at all. In the rest of the world everything will be the same again..

damediggler 07-10-2005 07:52 PM

Anyone who thinks #69 is weak or crap, has a screw loose in more places than just his bike. Nicky Hayden is the man and is coming up fast in MotoGP so watch out. Of course the Americans should and did win at home field. But all the other Moto GP tracks are home field for Rossi who has been racing them since his 125cc days(I wonder what it would be like if the roles were reversed)definately an advantage.Meanwhile the americans have had to learn a lot the last couple of years(bikes,Tracks).Maybe this just goes to show that both are great riders. Nicky has always had pretty good times and could hang with Rossi in practice yet in the race he could not keep the pace for long. I think Laguna is just what he needed and Rossi better watch out.

Gippy 07-10-2005 07:53 PM

haha, this guy is a common fool... youre just neigh-saying about nicky hayden simply because you personally dont like the guy... hes only been in motogp for a very very short time, and like most riders, he will take time to adapt... just like hopkins who is now doing ok even on a crap bike, just like meladri who also is doing ok... cool down man the dude would prolly put a couple laps on you at the track

SeanAlexander 07-10-2005 11:43 PM

Two-strokes are indeed faster than four-strokes, just, not when there is a 100% displacement increase for the four-strokes.

If MotoGP allowed 990cc two-strokes, believe me, they would be faster than the fours. -Sean

ValkBandit 07-11-2005 05:32 AM

Re: AMA Superbike Versus MotoGP

i was there saturday; blew sunday off. just too many people and unless you are in the grandstands, you can only see a small section of track. and the grandstands, of course, were sold out.

on saturday i waited in line one hour for a cheap plate lunch; the line barely moved. got a pretzel instead.

on sunday i stayed at home and tuned into speedvision. it was much better. no waiting for food, cheap beer, and best of all got to watch the whole race start to finish.

nicki was awesome. i hope he can follow up.

ValkBandit 07-11-2005 05:35 AM

"think about it, why would they drop faster bikes?"

why indeed. they're going with 800 cc bikes in 2007. i think that means they'll slow down.

sportbikebandit 07-11-2005 08:50 AM

Well said. Those European guys grow up on those tracks. AMA tracks are crappy in comparison alot start and stoppers. Mladin himself said he is better at start and stoppers than tracks that flow like Laguna.