Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-13-2005, 05:18 AM   #1
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Daytona 200 Results

All right Miguel! What an entertaining guy. Glad to see Jake Zemke on the podium, too. Those two guys put the fun in racing.

Kurtis takes second. Bleah. Somebody tell me he's a good guy so I don't have to talk about his lemon-sucking puss all year.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2005, 05:19 AM   #2
schizuki
Founding Member

Oh, yeah, and loud pipes are for retards, choppers suck, and guns are fun.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:08 AM   #3
sarnali
Founding Member

Oh Yeah!!!

Well choppers are for retards, loud pipes suck and guns should be confiscated.......

Aaaaand 51% of you are red-state dip-shyts who are too dumb to know how stupid you are.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 06:33 AM   #4
schizuki
Founding Member

Let's get this party started! Woooo!

Old 03-13-2005, 06:34 AM   #5
pdad13
Founding Member

Good for Miguel and Jake. Also big props for Chris Peris (nice ride) and Jason Perez (who still finished sixth after wadding his bike and pitting.) Barnes did a great job after getting screwed in the pits. Lots of good stories here (Eslick, too), but not the most exciting race.

I'll say it again: I feel bad for Josh Hayes and Ben Atttard. Very bad day for Attack Kawasaki.

Anybody else notice that, aside from listing Barnes on a Buell (which they corrected), Speed also had Ben Walters on a Triumph on the ticker? Freaked me out.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 06:45 AM   #6
schizuki
Founding Member

Not that I'm not happy with getting any roadracing at all on Speed, but can't they find ANYBODY besides Brian Drebber as an announcer? What a tool. He's got a booth full of ex-champions telling him that the leaders won't bother with a final tire change, especially after Roberts's disaster, and he just kept on harping on it. Ditto Greg White, who twice got faked out when the pit crews had just-in-case tires at the ready.

I'm thinking that even that puker on "Corbin's Ride On" would be a better choice. Well, maybe not.

Old 03-13-2005, 07:17 AM   #7
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Miguel, Jake and Kurtis shouldn't even be racing in Formula Extreme. They should be racing in Supersport, mixing it up with the Hayden's on the Kawasaki's and the Yamaha gang.
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 07:20 AM   #8
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Where's all the Ducati 749s? You'd think someone would be smart enough to recognize the inherent superiority of the V-twin power delivery. And with a 150cc displacement advantage, it should be a no brainer.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:33 AM   #9
yo-me-mo
Founding Member

Racing has gotten boring because the bikes are so reliable that we pretty much know how it's going to turn out it, and it usually does. How many guys have a realistic shot at winning. Maybe 4. Thats not exciting. I love bike racing but it has gotten worse not better. I can see why nascar is so much more popular. Especially the 200 with those pit stops how many riders really stand a chance at winning.

Boring boring boring !
yo-me-mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 07:56 AM   #10
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

What are you talking about? "Racing has gotten boring because the bikes are so reliable" Are you disappointed they don't blow up and take out a bunch of riders? Would that add to your viewing pleasure? The problem is the AMA came up with a stupid class and Honda is the only factory supporting it. Honda should go back to the Supersport class. AMA should *****-can the Formula Extreme class. Privateers can't afford to build two 600's. One to race in Supersport and one, more expensive bike to build, for the Formula Extreme class. So what you end up with is a bunch of guys mounting slicks on their 600 Supersport machines so they can run in another class.

As far as the 200 goes, it's just a really different sort of race. It's the only one during the season where they have pits stops. I'd still like to see them use the Superbikes in the 200 but I know it needs to be safe enough for the riders. Maybe if they had mandatory 4 pit stops so the tires don't get destroyed. With the new track layout they've already partially addressed the problem. For this years race they should have stuck with the Superbikes to see what would happen. Make more changes next year. But to change the track and switch to Formula Extreme bikes; they made too many changes at once.