Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   AMA Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/)
-   -   Daytona Superbike Results (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/2699-daytona-superbike-results.html)

GSXRWolf 03-13-2005 08:11 AM

Re: Daytona Superbike Results

Can anyone out there explain to me where all the privateer Honda RC51s, Aprilia RSV1000s, and Ducati 999s are?

longride 03-13-2005 10:00 AM

They were at home doing something else, along with all the race fans that didn't show up.

Holy_Kaw 03-13-2005 10:30 AM

Been there, done that, got a hat. Mladin's Suzuki was fast, so was Mladin. Hodgson looked good, not too bad for his second run at Daytona... At this point I'll say he'll win some this year. EBoz looked good too... if only he could get a handle on the Duc again. The Honda's surprisingly/unusually seemed out-classed at Daytona. Spies had a good run. It was cool watching Miguel win his 5th 200 but... with a Superbike sized asterisk!!! Superbikes are the Premier class in the AMA, they should run the 200.

They changed more than the course layout, the spectators access has changed as well. You now have to buy an extra $20 ticket (on top of the $45 infield ticket at the gate for "Camping access" to watch on the banking by turn 4 amoung the changes. I didn't know that they allowed RV access (for other than Teams/Riders) doing Bikeweek in the infield, That could be handy...

Main St was fun, as usual. The girls are still showin'!!! Funniest thing to me was a guy (OK, a 50ish guy on a stockish looking HD with a guy passenger that looked like he was not experienced and was working against the rider, they were not wearing helmets) that suddenly swerved and t-boned a Cop car at about 2 MPH in the Hooters parking lot. The guy didn't drop it and he backed up and proceeded out of the parking lot. The guy didn't seem drunk. The two Cops, that were about 10 feet away on the other side of their car and watched the whole thing, deadpan (with perhaps some amusement in their eyes), said or did nothing... We were dyin'! Man I wish I had a video of that! All in all a good time.

schizuki 03-13-2005 11:58 AM

Agreed. Between him & E-boz, that would be the team paddock you'd most want to hang out at.

Actually, it would be a tough choice between them and Duhamel/Zemke.

schizuki 03-13-2005 12:07 PM

Hey, c'mon, Buz. There were, what, a quarter-million motorcyclists at Daytona? How many could you reasonably expect to drag themselves away from drinking, t!tty-ogling and puking to watch a freakin' motorcycle race?

Rest assured, though, that a separate Speed Channel with more motorcycle-racing content would be perfectly viable. There's more sponsors out there than just DR Chipper/Shredders and Make-$100k-a-Month-Sitting-On-Your-A$$. You've got your Orick vacuums, your citrus cleaners, shake-to-light flashlights, Mathew Lesko...

tumbler 03-13-2005 01:18 PM

Don't foget MMI

seruzawa 03-14-2005 01:51 AM

Any race in which Honda finishes off the podium is a good race.

seruzawa 03-14-2005 01:56 AM

So much for those literbike shootouts that said the CBR1000 was so much better than the Zooki. Another example of the pointlessness of the yearly boring 600 and literbike shootouts.

seruzawa 03-14-2005 01:58 AM