Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 10-26-2004, 10:31 AM   #191
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default I'll meet you a dawn!

CanÂ’t say that I donÂ’t agree with your views on, Japanese, planned obsolescence. I canÂ’t stand that most of the used sportbikes that I see for sale, have less than 5000 miles on them. However, I donÂ’t necessarily see that itÂ’s entirely the JapaneseÂ’s fault. Being that, Young Americans, who have more money, than brains, drive the market. Never mind that most of them canÂ’t ride a SV650 to the limit of its capability, itÂ’s all about looking cool. It's, Damn the disposable income! WeÂ’d rather strike a manly pose.

Trouble is, the whole poser-thing is whatÂ’s wrong with Harley, too.

YouÂ’d have thought HD had sacked Milwaukee and burned the breweries, the way the Harley Faithful reacted to the "Evolution" engine.

Ironically enough, these mostly opposite problems, have the same cause. "We have met the enemy, and he is us," meaningÂ…We the PeopleÂ…The PublicÂ…You know: ThemÂ…TheyÂ…Those guys, over thereÂ…Not me! Hell! No! Gotta be someboey else.

People drive the market; and, what do we know about people?

People are: driven by forces they canÂ’t understand, to make decisions they canÂ’t defend, to spend money they sometimes donÂ’t have, on things they often donÂ’t need, that donÂ’t particularly work well, for reasons that God only knows (Sucks, donÂ’t it?).

After reading your first, rather lengthy, submission, I wanted to ask, considering your data; upon which brand of paper do you ride?

Now, upon further thought, (Please! God! Make it stop!) I figure, it all ain’t nobodies fault but Humans, and Human Nature (Can’t kill ‘em all! Who’d clean up the mess?). Complain as we will, ***** as I want; the multitude can raise it’s voice to Heaven, for all the good it’ll do ‘em; the human race, and the market, is crazy!

And, IÂ’ll meet you at sunrise, with artichokes drawn, to settle the matter, by test of arms.

In the mean time, IÂ’m going to eat my dinner, take a nap and avoid reading Sartre, and Carol, like the plague.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2006, 06:32 PM   #192
pencon61
Registered Member

Default Re: Buell XB-9R 4th in AMA FX

What racing arena are you talking about? Aircooling doesn't work as well , one of the biggest drawbacks is power fade when they get hot. Witness the motocross world . They were all racing aircooled up to the early 80's when they realized that they could run at almost peak power with the watercooled engines whereas the sircooled would fade by as much as 10% . I mean in flatrack they do race aircooled XR motors but over all almost all race engines are watercooled in most motorsports .How many aircooled motors do you see in Formula 0ne or the Indy races? If aircooling was superior they'd all be using it.
pencon61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:01 PM   #193
pencon61
Registered Member

What racing arena are you talking about? Aircooling doesn't work as well , one of the biggest drawbacks is power fade when they get hot. Witness the motocross world . They were all racing aircooled up to the early 80's when they realized that they could run at almost peak power with the watercooled engines whereas the sircooled would fade by as much as 10% . I mean in flatrack they do race aircooled XR motors but over all almost all race engines are watercooled in most motorsports .How many aircooled motors do you see in Formula 0ne or the Indy races? If aircooling was superior they'd all be using it.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:21 PM   #194
pencon61
Registered Member

Default Re: one word: ducati

Last time I checked Harleys and other big V twins were not two stroke motors...
Old 05-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #195
pencon61
Registered Member

I always find it amazing how Most cruiser riders pull into a parking lot or to a stop sign and start blipping their throttles to clear out the engine as if it's flooded when there's absolutley nothing wrong with the way it's running. I think in their minds they're imagining how much power their cruiser has when it's usally about 60 BHP or so . Then when they actually get on the road they go exactly the speed limit and pretty much hold up traffic like a little old man in a felt hat would do ,whilst driving his Volvo .These guys generally ride like a bunch of newbs and would ****e their pants if they ever even experienced a wheelie. Funny thing is while exclaiming how power doesn't matter it's all about what eveybody else thinks of them (the bling thing). Meanwhile the aftermarket for power mods is huge for HD's .I guess they need the extra power for blipping the throttle in parking lots and at stop signs.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:41 PM   #196
pencon61
Registered Member

I always find it amazing how Most cruiser riders pull into a parking lot or to a stop sign and start blipping their throttles to clear out the engine as if it's flooded when there's absolutley nothing wrong with the way it's running. I think in their minds they're imagining how much power their cruiser has when it's usally about 60 BHP or so . Then when they actually get on the road they go exactly the speed limit and pretty much hold up traffic like a little old man in a felt hat would do ,whilst driving his Volvo .These guys generally ride like a bunch of newbs and would ****e their pants if they ever even experienced a wheelie. Funny thing is while exclaiming how power doesn't matter it's all about what eveybody else thinks of them (the bling thing). Meanwhile the aftermarket for power mods is huge for HD's .I guess they need the extra power for blipping the throttle in parking lots( expecially bar parking lots) and at stop signs.