Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 06-07-2004, 09:55 AM   #1
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Road America Superbike Results

Rook rike Honda find little more powah. How bout that Mikey Cicotto in FX tho? Seventh on the Buell massey fergusson on a serious horsepower track. a mere 2 places behind an exotic 749 ducati ridden by serial superbike champ dougy chandler. must be a fluke, everybody knows the buells are junk.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2004, 10:22 AM   #2
Anton_1
Founding Member

Its the smell of cow***** in the Wisconsin air that makes the Buells run faster, don't know if it works for honda or not.
Anton_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:04 AM   #3
ewok1
Founding Member

Default formula extreme is a joke

i guess chandler's duc has some factory support, i dunno. nobody else cares but honda. the rr wouldn't win anywhere else. wait that's not true, i saw a yellow one and a red one sitting out front at the park bistro. they look better than the gixxers. so there is that.

on behalf of the rest of the known universe and a couple of places yet undiscovered, and myself, buell's might not be junk.

they sound really cool for one thing.

need to rent one to attend the class reunion of the jack kerouac school of disembodied poetics this summer. seems about the right thing to do.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:27 AM   #4
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: formula extreme is a joke

Yes the Duc is a full spec WSBK factory racer

And yes FX is a Honda PR joke. But some pressure is getting applied as the season goes on, prob to little to late.

At least in superbike , it looks like we have a horse race for champion (lost some $$ on a horse this weekend as well)
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:55 AM   #5
Grover
Founding Member

Actually, the duc is still *mostly* stock, at least according to the boys at HMC. They're getting more parts all the time though, so by the end of the season they might actually be able to challenge the factory hondas, who knows.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:15 PM   #9
ewok1
Founding Member

yep, but the money spent to go a little faster is hideous. a superbike should be way faster than a supersport imo or why do it. i recognize not everyone would agree.

are you one of those triumph guys who show up at pacific raceways en masse?
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:18 PM   #10
johnnyb
Founding Member

i try to help you people, but...

also see Barney got 8th in Supersport on a inline somethin or other, which confirms he is sort of a front of midpack guy. With Zemke on it, who weighs like 65 pounds, how would Buell go in FX ya think? i don't recall seeing any DNFs either so far.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote