Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 06-07-2004, 04:10 PM   #11
cyclesteve
Registered Member

Default Re: What mods do the Buells have?

JB, Have any idea on the mods made to the Buells?
cyclesteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2004, 11:14 PM   #14
EbonFlame
Founding Member

lots and lots, probably.

They're allowed to do a lot of things that the other's aren't; they can be 1349cc's, they can have modified airboxes, etc, etc, etc. They MUST have slightly different noise/exhause restrictions, just listen to them.

I don't know what they REALLY have done, just what they rules let them do, but it stands to reason that they'd take what they could get...
EbonFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 02:53 AM   #15
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: I am telling you Buell should be like the Raiders of the AMA

Check your racing history, Picotte rode his ass of for factory HD. Saw from the inside the disdain that upper management has for road racing. Probable has a real bad taste in his mouth from those years.

But, who knows, he might really want to ride an under powered great handling machine, with no actual hope of full factory support again.

Yates and Gobert on the same team, bring on the WWF. The black leather chromed riding cloves, mohawks, the pit fights (just between Yates a GO)

Could be entertaining
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 05:12 AM   #16
SpongeBOB
Founding Member

Default Re: Road America Superbike Results

no future for RC51? darn it!
SpongeBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 05:55 AM   #18
johnnyb
Founding Member

Buell PR guy said very few mods due to being privately sponsored team and lack of funds. Stock wheels even. Contrast Chandler's Ducati which i hear is highly modded many parts from Ducati Corse. We won't even include the factory Hondas...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 06:08 AM   #19
ewok1
Founding Member

Default apparently the ama has honda parts

hard as it seems to have an illegal mod on an fx bike, amasoup/superbikeplanet.com is reporting that the ama is looking at engine internals of the honda fx bikes. i am not a honda fan but i'd feel bad for miguel if somethings amiss. they also had complaints about some illegal sensors but none were "observed". i imagine those complaining were hallucinating. i know i do when i get the chance.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 06:43 AM   #20
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: formula extreme is a joke

I rented one for three days (XB12R Firebolt). At first, I couldn't make heads or tails out of this strange bike. Once I got a little accustomed to it, I had a fargin' blast (no pun intended). And I rode it from Ft. Lauderdale to Key West and actually found it comfortable (results may vary). The gearbox needs work, though. Although, once I adjusted to it, the torque did most of the work.

Still makes you wonder how good the bike could be with a newer engine, but it's still a ton of fun the way it is.

I was skeptical at first but now would consider buying one if the price weren't so steep.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote