Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 05-16-2004, 07:18 PM   #21
maccasmark
Founding Member

Default Re: How do you spell Champion? Mladin

Sad, but true
maccasmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2004, 07:46 PM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

I'm still trying to find even one critical comment I've ever made about Mladin. Bet you can't either,

dikhed.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:12 PM   #23
HobbleFoot
Founding Member

Default Re: Hayden: Mladin could make it in MotoGP.

I definitely think Mladin could compete well in GPs. From what I've read, his work ethic is on par or greater than anyone else's. I don't see how his talent can be questioned either. The year Nicky won the championship was the year Mladin wasn't even a contender because of problems with the bike. However, I don't think he'll ever get a GP ride. He would not work out with Suzuki overseas. He would run his mouth about how bad the bike is and he would do it publicly. No other manufacturer is going to pick him up because of his attitude and the fact that he isn't a fan favorite. Nicky is the smiling, young, "cool" kid Honda thinks people will fantisize about being while on their CBR. Of course if Mladin was Italian, he would've been in GPs a long time ago.
HobbleFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 09:44 PM   #24
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default I don't think it's both

Body language really mean what it says. What the movement or posture of your body communicates in terms of your thoughts and/or intentions. Body English is probably best used to describe athletic movements for usually athletic purposes. Like when you put a particular type of spin on a ball to achieve a desired effect, the phrase is often used that the person has put some "english" on the ball. Not "language." But "english."

Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 09:59 PM   #25
Blue_Are1
Founding Member

Default Re: Mladin the great one

True champions only have one goal, to be world champion and that = Moto GP.

AMA Superbike has become weak and full of has beens. Ben Bostrom's career is about over and he has never won many races anyway.

If you think Mladin could compete in GP then just look how well all the previous WSBK champions are doing and even Hayden at this point. And before Hayden left AMA he kicked Mladin's ass winning 9 races to Eric Bostroms 4, where was Mat? What has Mat ever done in the WSBK races at Laguna Seca?

Just because Mat can beat 5 other guy's on factory bikes, 2 of which are self destructing(Ben Bostrom and Aaron Yates) and Eric Bostrom who made the same fatal error as Anthony Gobert by signing with the Ducati Austin team doesn't mean Mat would even finish on the same lap as the top GP riders. His only competition is from DuHamel and Zemke for this championship and DuHamel is on the downside of his career and Zemke is a rookie in this class.

Ask Hayden and Edwards what it is like having to leave your old crew behind and work with a new team, it isn't easy to start over with a whole new team.

I'm not saying that Mladin is slow, but he's never going to be a GP champion. Rossi, Biaggi and Gibernau are way faster than Mladin.

As far as what Hayden said, he was just being polite.

And don't try and use the money argument, Mat has plenty and if he really believed he could compete at the GP level then just getting his foot in the door like Hopkins did and then impressing the factory teams could result in a factory ride.

Blue_Are1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 03:34 AM   #26
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Eboz and the Duc

Ok.. So Eboz had the points lead for much of last year on a motorcycle that not only gave up dang near 250cc's to the suzuki, but also one that was 12 years old! You all think the gsxr-750 was bad? The zx-7 was still winning races last year!

We all wondered... what could Eboz do on a fair ride?

Hell.. Looks to me like a 12 year old 700cc Kawi is more fair than the ugly duckling he's got now.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:37 AM   #27
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: Mladin the great one

"I was the greatest pitcher ever! I won 5000 minor league games! I had an ERA of .00012 in the minors! No one could touch me! I'm the greatest!"

Ummm... What did you do in the Majors?

"well ummm... I ummm.. I didn't go to the majors."

We're done here. NEXT!
Old 05-17-2004, 03:59 AM   #28
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I said he was a whiner once. I don't recall I've ever said anything about his talent.

Apparently doofus has to include as many people as possible in his argument in a desparate reach for validity.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 05:14 AM   #29
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: Eboz and the Duc

Actually, both the Bostrum boys are having a tough year. Neither can put on a consistant race.

They can run at the front for the first quarter or half a race, then fade.

Is it their riding style not matching the bike?

Maybe Ben needs to ride the Duc, and Eric could ride the Honda, see what hapens then.

Any thoughts out there in Mo land.

I figured both would be doing much better this year, full factory rides, and equipment. The 999 is basically what they are running in the WSB, factory bikes. Ben has a full Honda factory ride, and support. Whats holding them back?

nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote