Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (
-   AMA Racing (
-   -   Sonoma AMA Superbike Results (

ZRX_bullock 05-03-2004 04:52 AM

Re: Duhamel, Zemke Impressive @Sonoma
2nd Superbike race was great all the way to the end concluding with Duhamel pass of Zemke to take the win. Zemke has provided good competition to Mladin and Duhamel so far this year letÂ’s hope he can continue this throughout the year.

Mladin will dominate this year with Zemke or Duhamel providing competition here and there. What has happened to Eric Bostrom and the 999?

captainwhoopass 05-03-2004 05:19 AM

Whoop-de-do, Honda won the two classes that nobody cares about. Good for them.

obandoj 05-03-2004 05:45 AM

Never count the old man out.

Go Miguel!

mile_eater 05-03-2004 08:01 AM

Eric was racing hard, pushing Mladin. Around lap 16 he wadded it. Turn 2 I think. He's ok though.

SuzukiStucki 05-03-2004 08:27 AM

Re: Sonoma AMA Superbike Results
How about SuperStock? Is Speed going to show the Superstock race?

nokneedragin 05-03-2004 09:18 AM

How bout Josh Hayes on the Kawi, not to shabby for a basically stock bike. What where they thinking not running a superbike factory ride.

Loved the quote from the kid from west palm beach (was it geoff may?) at the beginning of the show.

"I'm basically useless to society outside of racing a bike"

Whats happened to Ben B.?

Mr. Duhamel , I doff my hat to ya, way to win for the old guys (old for racing anyway).

Neal 05-03-2004 10:18 AM

Last time I checked,Superbike is still the premiere AMA class and lots of folk care. Have to agree with you about Form Extreme though and I agree the new Superbike rules have made Superbike less interesting. If kawasaki entered the zx10 maybe things would pep up.Not a Honda fan but it is good for somebody to challenge Mladin.....though my money would be on Mladin to take it all again.

captainwhoopass 05-03-2004 10:26 AM

Of course not. Who would want to watch a race where the manufacturers duke it out on stock bikes with the closest racing in the whole AMA roadrace program?

Looks like Honda's throwing their weight around ;) to keep those races off of the air in favor of Boremula Extreme.

HobbleFoot 05-03-2004 06:25 PM

How long you must've waited to say that.

HobbleFoot 05-03-2004 06:27 PM

Yawn, oh was there a race on after MotoGP? Wish Speed would air BSB.