Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-24-2004, 07:34 PM   #13
fitzspike
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA+NASCAR Say it aint so!

Great idea! Anything that brings more coverage of an under appreciated form of motorcycle racing is good for motorsports. I think people that hate anything American ought to move to France or Germany where all the "superior" humans live. If turning left is so easy, why don't you try it! You could make a lot of money in NASCAR!
Old 03-24-2004, 08:24 PM   #14
ninjakris
Registered Member

Default Re: Stop putting down Dirt track racing

There's no denying that it takes talent. But that doesn't change the fact that it's about as exciting as paint drying.
ninjakris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:58 AM   #15
dominatr37
Founding Member

Default Re: Stop putting down Dirt track racing

Flat track/dirt track racing sucks. It's not supercross , which is exciting because of all the jumping and talented riders . Flat track is boring. It belongs with NASCRAP.
dominatr37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 02:23 AM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I second that. We just zrx bullshyt to chime in, and the moron list will be complete.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:06 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

I used to go to Ascot park in L.A. for the half mile oval heats. Too bad they had to close the track.

Anyone who says it's boring has never gone to one. It's certainly less boring than huge race tracks where you only see about 20% of the action.

Hey, that's just like the same suspects who hate motorcycles they've never ridden, much less owned. Typical.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:09 AM   #18
SRMark
Founding Member

You paint with a rather broad brush.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:17 AM   #19
Labrat
Founding Member

said Bober. "Also, each series is just a great show delivering some of the most competitive racing in all of motorsports."

Has he actually watched a NASCAR race?? I watched both NASCAR and IRL this weekend and the IRL race had, well, racing, not just a long train of cars.

I did like someone's idea about Superbike and IRL or CART, they probably have about the same fan base.
Labrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:20 AM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

WOW. Lots of badmouth coming from people who probably never even attended one flattrack race. I have been going to flattrack races since I was a kid, and I didn't know I wasn't supposed to like it. Thanks for all the enlightenment from our informed and open-minded MOrons. Watching great racing and then sitting in the pits talking with untalented riders like Kenny Roberts, **** Mann, Cal Rayborn, Mert Lawill, Ricky Graham, Chris Carr, Nicky Hayden, just to name a few, really sucked. No talent bums for sure. Personally, I'm glad most of you stay away. Less crowds, low ticket prices, and the ability to wander through the pit areas make flattrack racing one of the best values going. I'm sure I be at Rt.66 watching some great racing. Either that or I can sit home crying about how everything sucks. Nah. I'll go to the race and you guys stay home.