Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-08-2004, 04:57 PM   #31
boru4761
Registered Member

Default Yates is a punk. Can't even drop kick properly. Sad.

Yates claimed that was b/c workers @ VIR are always so slow with breaking out the red flag. At least that was plausible. This is just simple assault. The guy is just a b-atch. I wonder what the AMA and Suzuki are going to think when Fania presses charges and Yates is looking at 30 days in the county tank and some more 5 digit fines. Yeah, that should go over well.
boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2004, 05:19 PM   #32
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Default Re: Daytona 200 Results

Did anyone notice the brand mix this year at Daytona for the Superbike race? 27 Suzukis, 4 Hondas, 4 Yamahas, 1 Duck, 1 Kawasaki.

Once again it was nice to see all the strong running privateer RC51's. Nice platform for a superbike. NOT!! (Well.....maybe if you're racing against 750's.) NOT!!!!! again.

P.S. I miss the Harleys.
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:08 PM   #35
expeditionist
Founding Member

Yates fights like a girl. I TRULY appreciated, however, the "bite-me-you-*******" crotch-grabbing gesture by the other rider. That was classic. Oh well, I hope Suzuki fires Yates ass.
expeditionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:04 AM   #36
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Defending Mladin

Nope, they sure don't. And Suzuki loves his wins, I'm sure. I may even learn to like him if I had the opportunity to sit down and talk with him. I just find his TV persona to be less than likeable and choose to root for other riders. I'd also be willing to bet Matt doesn't give a rat's behind how I feel about him. It's all part of being a public figure. He acts. I watch and react.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:37 AM   #37
Fangit
Founding Member

Default Ditto...you forgot to mention he's almost 50 and he got 6th after a spill!!!

Fangit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:50 AM   #38
SuzukiStucki
Founding Member

Most girls fight better than that. Fania was the clear winner here. First, Yates does his best zoo ape act by jumping around like an angry monkey. Then Yates trys a flying drop kick that barely resigsters on Fania but that results in Yates falling to the ground again. What little impact Yates had by throwing his shoulder in Fania was clearly outwieghed by Fania's hilareous "munch on this" gesture. Although I have always loved to watch Yates race, I can't be look at him now without laughing about his ricidulous attempt to fight Fania. Aaon's decision to fight was unmanly, but then the actual fight was even more unmanly.
SuzukiStucki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:19 AM   #39
motonut_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Thanks. Talk about damaging evidence

Should they make Yates ride an SV 650 the rest of the season?
motonut_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 05:59 AM   #40
crg
Founding Member

Default Re: Defending Mladin

I used to not care for his attitude, but it he is a winner through and through. If you listen to the people he doesn't seem to get along with, they are the real whiners and primadonnas of the sport.

I have yet to see Mladin try to kick another rider, or throw a little fit when things don't go his way (see Yates and Duhamel for the fits!)

The only thing I would like to see suzuki do about Mladin, is get him in MotoGP, when they get a respectable bike.

--crg
crg is offline   Reply With Quote