Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 02-20-2004, 10:27 AM   #1
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: Daytona 200 Preview

TV coverage on Speed TV (TZ = EST):

Thursday, March 4, 2004

3:00 – 5:30 pm Daytona Bike Week 2004 Superstock & Formula Xtreme (LIVE)

Friday, March 5, 2004

2:00 – 4:30 pm Daytona Bike Week 2004 Superstock & Formula Xtreme

Saturday, March 6, 2004

10:30 am Daytona Bike Week 2004 Supersport & Boxer Cup (LIVE)

1:30 – 4:30 pm AMA SUPERBIKE Daytona 200 (LIVE)

For those of us who have to attend most races via the boob tube it's time to set the timer on those VCRs and Tivos and pray Speed doesn't drop the live race coverage for a rerun of the INTERNATIONAL BOBSLEDDING or Two Guys Garage.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2004, 10:48 AM   #2
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Hoping to get time off to get to the race myself.

Anyone have any idea where pit passes can be purchased (if possible). Love to get behind the scene someday.

Still have not decided which seats I'd like, or if I go back to the old standy of the infield. Has anyone watched the race from the grandstands? is it worth it?

I've been to the Daytona 5 or 6 times but always watched from the infield.

Actually the Nextell tower suites look like the best seats, but I have not found a way to get into them

nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 11:23 AM   #3
nokneedragin
Founding Member

And another thing.

Can MO or any of you MOrons post links to the test rides going on (where, when, which). Or even if there are any meet the riders events.

Thanks
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 11:38 AM   #4
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

I've watched it in person, from almost every angle. The best place to watch from, is the grandstands in the infield near the kink. Second best is the international horseshoe.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:17 AM   #6
bikervince
Founding Member

Default How do I get there?

As luck would have it, I will be nearby (in Orlando) that weekend with the family

unit. I would LOVE to go to the Daytona 200 but I'm not sure it's possible. Would I have to buy tickets ahead of time or can I just show up at the track on raceday? How early should I get there before the race to see the start? I'm only interested in seeing the 200 and I won't be able to get there too early. Also, what's the best way to get there for Orlando? My in-laws will be using the rent-a-car that day so I can't drive that. Public transportation, rent my own car,

or hitchhike? (just kidding about that last one)...

BikerVince
bikervince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 09:23 AM   #7
staff
Registered Member

Default Re: How do I get there?

Yes, you can just show-up. If you get there about :40 minutes before start time, you'll be fine. However, you need to allow another 30 minutes on top of that, to get from I-95 to the speedway, because traffic can be somewhat brutal.

From Orlando, take 4 East, until it dead ends at I-95. Merge on to 95 North and then stay to your right because you need to take the next exit, which is Hwy 92. When you get off the freeway, turn right onto 92 and move to the middle lane and pass about 500 people on your right. Be sure to get back over to the right, at least two blocks before the speedway though, or you'll miss the turn. There will be cops everywhere, so be carefull not to do anything foolish in/around the intersections.

staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 06:24 AM   #8
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Paddock passes were available for $10 the last time I went in the pits. The tickets were available at the pit entrance across from the International Horseshoe. The Infield is the best place to watch the Roadrace IMO, I tried the Grandstands once. It used to be possible to walk along the entire perimeter of the infield fence but lately Idiots have been backing up to the fence. The Grandstands are the best place to watch the Supercross if you want, the pits would be the only place in the Infield to watch. Don't bet against Miguel, last year it looked like he was just playin' with em. He really looks like he's got the track/race wired. Good luck to all the competitors it should be a great race. Hope no one gets hurt.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 10:07 AM   #9
Let_er_eat
Founding Member

Default Re: Jason DiSalvo talks about scary Daytona and the new R1

What time do I need to be getting off the highway to be sitting in the stands in time to see the first race on saturday?
Let_er_eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 10:53 AM   #10
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Jason DiSalvo talks about scary Daytona and the new R1

About 9:30am should be pretty comfortable. Bring your walking shoes, sunglasses and hat/sunscreen, hopefully raingear won't be necessary this year! The 600 race is usually excellent and starts at 10:30. If you're early practice will be in progress (since 9:00am) or the Motorcycle pavillions will be in "front" of the track except for Harleys which is around the "far" side (from I-95) of the track last I heard.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote