Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 01-08-2004, 04:59 PM   #1
cyclox
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Fights CA Organ Donor Bill

What would make more sense is to require non-helmeted riders to wear eye protection, since intact corneas for transplantation are in demand.
cyclox is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2004, 05:19 PM   #2
jeburk
Founding Member

You have to be one crass bastard to come up with that idea, let alone try to make it a law.
jeburk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 06:31 PM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Welcome to our brave new woorld.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:49 PM   #4
F451
Founding Member

Default Horse $hit

Unducking believable...maybe Bill Janklow can get job in California too? Someone needs to b!tch slap Assemblyman John Longville.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 03:05 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I sent ole' John a love letter and you can too. No need to use snail mail, and the AMA site only allows CA residents to send from there. A small amount of looking and I came up with:

assemblymember.longville@assembly.ca.gov

I sent him a lovely note as to what body orafice he can place his amendment, and what my preferred lubrication method would be. In reality I was very restrained in the letter, but I'm sure he got my point. Make sure he gets YOUR point. Write today. Not tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:55 AM   #6
ender
Registered Member

Default Not a bad idea

I would expand the provision to allow harvesting of organs from cagers who don't use seat belts. What the hell does it matter, they're dead! I think its time we all get over our attachment to lifeless chunks of meat. They contribute to the second worst use of land after golf courses: cemeteries.
ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 04:58 AM   #7
karlitos
Founding Member

Default email sent

As posted in a forum...

Re: AMA Fights CA Organ Donor Bill (Score: 1)

by jeburk on Thursday, January 08 @ 19:19:09 PST

You have to be one crass bastard to come up with that idea, let alone try to make it a law.

I agree wholeheartedly. I admit that I do not have the stomach to be a con-man or a politician like yourself. Besides, I don't have the sufficient qualifications of ignorance; arrogance; gross incompetence; mental retardation; irrationality; demagoguery; gross hypocrisy; disdain; egomania and be a "crass bastard" for the job, MUCH less for a democrat.

Since you care so much for others, do everybody a favor and donate your organs now, and i mean NOW. I mean, it makes perfect utilitarian sense. With your healthy body (i assume) you may be able to save 2-3 lives, plus others who could recover from injuries. Since your brain is useless anyway, there is no loss to society. It's a win-win situation.
karlitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 05:09 AM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: email sent

(knock knock)

(footsteps... door opening)

MAN: Good afternoon. Is this the residence of John Longville?

WOMAN: He's watching the telly.

MAN: He signed up as an organ donor and we're here to get his liver.

(footsteps)

LONGVILLE: Hey, whatya doin' mate? Lemme go!

MAN: John Longville, you've signed up as an organ donor and we are here to get your liver.

LONGVILLE: But I'm not done with it!

MAN: Sorry, you did sign this organ donor card, did you not?

LONGVILLE: Well, yes, but........

(Sound of gas powered chain saw)

LONGVILLE: AAAAHHHHHHHHH... (cuts off abruptly).
Old 01-09-2004, 06:38 AM   #9
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: email sent

I always thought that particular scene from The Meaning of Life was an omen of things to come. Thanks for the laugh seruzawa. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 07:21 AM   #10
KPaulCook
Banned

Default What goes around, comes around.

Well Well Well. Just when the AMA needs some political capital to fight this it doesn't have any. Why?
[*] When the AMA spends all of its time fighting against helmet laws it loses valuable political capital and credibility.
[*]I am sure if Baby Boomers (the worst generation as opposed to the greatest generation) would stop fighting helmet laws, this would never came up

If you can't do the time (donate your organs) then don't do the crime (ride without a helmet).

Us Gen Xers have grown up with helmets: snow boarding, roller blading, skate boarding, bicycling, etc. Time for baby boomers to grow up.

I told you so

KPaul

Motorcycle Prophet.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote