Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 01-09-2004, 11:16 AM   #21
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: What goes around, comes around.

"Selfish in life (riding without a helmet, promoting a dangerouse riding style to the young and impressionables), selfish in death I guess." Excellent Can I quote you on that?

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2004, 11:27 AM   #22
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: You know you're in trouble.....

Such a crisis is so devastating that we tend to blame everyone or everything else but ourselves. Then the lawyers step in and explain why it wasn't our fault and console us with rationalization. "It's not your fault. There was nothing you could have done. If only there were a law."
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 12:00 PM   #23
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Fights CA Organ Donor Bill

This amendment has no chance of passage. And if it did I'd love to be the attorney who got first crack at suing on behalf of a family who's recently departed 19 year old son had his organs removed without anyone's consent but the state.

The real damage with little political absurdities like this is the erosion of respect for the wisdom of governing bodies - something our representative forms of government can't take a whole lot of and still function effectively (re: the recent popularity of governing by ballot decree - isn't CA a leader in this field?). If I were in the CA state assembly I doubt that I'd have the strength of character not to clock the rascal behind this just on general principles for making everyone else look stupid by association. What a maroon.
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 01:29 PM   #24
clively
Founding Member

Default Re: Not a bad idea

My parents use to say there where starving people in China.

maybe if the mad cow thing takes off we know what to invest in now.
clively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 01:31 PM   #25
peinados
Founding Member

Yes.
peinados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 02:58 PM   #26
SVRacer405
Founding Member

In related news, a bill has been proposed requiring unhelmeted motorcyclists killed in california to have their assets liquified and homes auctioned off in an effort to raise campaign funds for the communist party.
SVRacer405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 03:19 PM   #27
RobbyD
Founding Member

Better hope the person next to you in a car doesn't have a loved one who needs an organ transplant.
RobbyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 10:44 AM   #28
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Sounds right to me...

If you go without a helmet, you should be considered an organ donor. It's what the parametics call you already...
nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 02:05 PM   #29
EdgyDrifter
Founding Member

You sure you're a GenX-er? I am, and I never wore a helmet skiing (and never will), nor did I wear one bicycling, skateboarding or rollerblading. You must be one young whippersnapper--perhaps GenX.2?

Whatever their faults, without the Boomers none of us would be here, right? Show a little respect, junior.
EdgyDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote