Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 09-23-2003, 03:14 PM   #21
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Barber Superbike Results

Hmmm, according to RoadRacingWorld's site, the only factory team next year will be Honda. See the story here (sorry, I don't know how to do hyperlinks):

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld...sp?insert=7378

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2003, 09:12 AM   #22
KPaulCook
Banned

Default The Greatest Ever

The Greatest Ever
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 09:14 AM   #23
KPaulCook
Banned

Default The Greatest Ever

The Greatest Ever
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 07:19 PM   #24
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Barber Superbike Results

1. Congrats Jamie and Rich. 2. YES, Street tires! The same ones that get run through canyons for 20+ hours + thousands of miles of street use. I am well aware that there are riders capable of smoking ANY tires in 10-15 laps at certain tracks on certain bikes. Those riders, riding that hard, wouldn't win. Ask Mat/Aaron/Kurtis/Jamie/Rich about this theory. 3. I am also aware that the bike Mat is riding has little performance-wise/cost wise in common with anything likely to be afforded by other than a very few. I'm curious which bike has the most speed and endurance without $100,000+ of factory speed money in it and without changing the engine every race. Yes, I think that this class should be on a National level. I can think of nothing to improve the breed better or faster, bikes and tires (forgot to mention tire contingency money). Please take note of my "Open" class meaning ANY size production motorcycle. Obviously a 107% qualifying rule or something would be necessary for safety. 4. I have an interest in American motorcycles becoming competitive performance/wise at a World class level. I believe competition improves the breed. I am also an avid fan of Motorcycle Road Racing. In this country Motorcycle Road Racing's popularity is about on par with watermelon seed spitting. In the World I believe it is 2nd behind Soccer in popularity. The advantage of excluding a HUGE percentage of Motorcycle OWNERS from having an interest in National ROAD RACING competion is??? In conclusion do your have any idea of the cost to compete at the National level for one year? I can think of no less expensive way to race in a way more likely to cause Manufactuors continue what I think is a fine job of raising the bar. Finally, thanks for the thought and time given in response.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 08:01 AM   #25
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Open your eyes

I agree. It seems like everyone would get tired of whining about people whining. Good thing these people weren't interested in Motorsports when AJ Foyt was racing. Oh my! Guess he'll never win the "High School" popularity contest people that have never been at his level in anything seem to think matters. At least Micheal Schumacher is known as "Mr Personality". Get a clue! The very best at anything are rarely (with notable exceptions) personable.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:11 AM   #26
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Just think how many wins ... and Yates is using the same bike!!!!

lol

Old 09-25-2003, 08:13 AM   #27
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Mladin oughta be in politics

Would you like some cheese with your whine?