Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 09-22-2003, 04:09 PM   #11
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Just think how many wins ... and Yates is using the same bike!!!!

How man wins Mat Mladin would of had if he didn't have tire problems? Did Mladin snub you at a race sometime? He is a great racer but he may be personality challenged (my wife says I am an expert at that).
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2003, 05:27 PM   #12
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Default Re: Barber Superbike Results

I see the privateer RC51's finished strong again. Go Honda!!

Question: Can anyone (besides the Honda factory team) build a competitive RC51?

Answer: No!
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 05:31 PM   #13
stormcloud
Founding Member

Default Open your eyes

Just look at the results.

Just look at his record.

Have you thought that maybe the constant pursuit of excellence is reflected both in his comments and his achievements.

He doesnt need 'excuses' - he's won the championship (again) with record wins.....

Would you prefer he was less honest about his opinions?
stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 03:25 AM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

What a great champion Mladin is, eh. Doesn't everyone whine about next year after winning a championship? This guy loves racing in Little League, wins, and then whines about the rules. I don't think I have ever seen a bigger effin baby in any sport in my life. No restrictive rules in GP Mat. Not one. Go there and win on your fantastic Suzuki. Oh, I forgot. They suck there, as you would, because racing with real champions would actually take skill. Instead, you race in a series that only Suzuki takes seriously, and act like you won the World Series, when the Toilet Bowl is all you really won. Grow up Mat.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:09 AM   #15
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Of course not. They do that on purpose because they know they can outspend any other team. Now this year they are trying to get the AMA to change the rules again because Suzuki is kicking their a$$.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:10 AM   #16
bigjames
Premium Member

Default Race Two Up on Touring Bikes!

If I have said it once, have said it a thousand times we NEED two up full dressed touring bike racing! Now THAT is real world. I suggest that this start at the BMW RA's National to be held at Barber's in just a few weeks. After all, we ALL know that BMW touring bikes are faster and handle better than Honda's or Harley's touring rigs! Wouldn't it be nice to be able to prove it.... (this is known as stirring up fecal matter)

I'll be there on my big K......

Anyhow, the crashes would be simply spectacular!

BigJames, the admittedly sick puppy....
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 06:12 AM   #17
bigjames
Premium Member

Default Don't hold back now!

let it all out, stop pulling punches....geez....
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:19 AM   #18
KPaulCook
Banned

Default 4times a champ in a premier series is no fluke. When our you going to give him credit

You take the cake. He went to MotoGP. Go read about about it in AMA Soup. He was with an inferior team and very young. Mladin is a great champion. He is racing with real champions. Roberts, Yates, Bostroms, are all top notch and he beat them all. 4 times for christ sake. AMA is not the best leaque but it is a good league (Triple A). I am sure if a good offer came from a MotoGP team came he would jump on it. But MotoGP rides are hard to come by and his age works against him. Ducati gave Baylis (an older guy) a chance cause they did the right thing, Unlike Honda who threw Edwards away.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:28 AM   #19
KPaulCook
Banned

Default I admire him because he speaks up against mediocrity that the new rules will promote

His comments on the rules are right on. The rules should promote excellence and hard work. No create an level playing ground of mediocrity. Just like his criticism on tracks like Fontana, Pikes Peak are valid.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:15 PM   #20
PJ
Founding Member

Duhamel had a right to be pissed. After riding a conservative race, saving his tires, and positioning himself for a shot at the win, he was taken out by his bonehead "teammate" trying to stuff it inside of four other riders simultaneously!

Did Bostrum think that everyone was just going to get out of his way? Did he think at all! Methinks not. Every since he was handed a superbike title for showing up, he has actively demonstrated an inate talent linked to some pretty bad judgement and mediochre tactical skills. Perhaps he should go back to 600's and learn how to win races. Preferably without taking out his teammate.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote