Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 07-13-2003, 02:22 PM   #31
sjriott
Founding Member

Default Mladin Sucks!

Just as I commented in the beginning of this post, Mladin can't hang with these guys. Lower talent than last year and he still got 4th. Would have been farther down than that if several guys hadn't crashed.

Then in race 2, he bails. What a *****. He knows damn well he can't hang with these guys and that's why he didn't race.

On top of that, this is a track in his series. By the way, Pole position doesn't mean crap, it's the race that matters.

Edwards, Bayliss and Haga aren't even there. If they were, he would have been even farther back.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2003, 09:47 PM   #32
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Welcome back bob

Good post by you above about Mladin. Seems my in your face style of posting is offending many. Out of respect for guys like you on MO I'll tone it down. Folks take me way too seriously. But I do get pissed when folks put down a guy who may not have people skills but can ride a bike real well. At least Mladin and me have one thing in common eh?
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:22 AM   #33
sjriott
Founding Member

Default Re: Laguna Seca Pole

Just as I commented in the beginning of this post, Mladin can't hang with these guys. Lower talent than last year and he still got 4th. Would have been farther down than that if several guys hadn't crashed.

Then in race 2, he bails. What a skirt. He knows damn well he can't hang with these guys and that's why he didn't race.

On top of that, this is a track in his series. By the way, Pole position doesn't mean crap, it's the race that matters.

Edwards, Bayliss and Haga aren't even there. If they were, he would have been even farther back.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:08 AM   #34
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Mladin is a weenie...

No flames here- I totally agree with your comment about "Biatchi".
Old 07-14-2003, 12:32 PM   #35
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Laguna Seca Pole

I agree that Laguna Seca is a track where the restrictors make less difference, however several inside sources have suggested that there is at most 1-3 hp difference at the top end -- I am not saying that 1-3 hp difference doesn't matter, but it is far less than most people would suspect.

When the British Superbike team (their rules are virtually identical to the AMA except I belive that they have to use unleaded 92 octane gas) entered the British WSB round, the on of the riders (John Reynolds?) stated that they could not tell the difference in power between the two.

My point is that Lavilla is certainly a competent rider, but I would never have ranked him in the top ranks, regardless of what bike he rode. In spite of this, he is progressively finishing better and has at leas had a podium finish. The fact that Yates and Mat were consistantly much faster than he is suggests that if either of them were to be riding the WSB Suzuki, they would at least be mising it up at the front.

Regards

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote