Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 07-11-2003, 10:49 AM   #21
fizzchem
Founding Member

Default Re: EBoz

Is riding the green off that Kawi.
fizzchem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2003, 11:28 AM   #22
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Mladin is a stud

"-- Mladin's times so far are better than the best the WSC boys could produce. Sure, the World Superbike guys will go faster, but so will Mladin and company"

from Mladin kicks butt
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 11:31 AM   #23
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: They shouldn't even race

Name the competition little man. But it can't be womanizing and bull shyting. I willing concede those to you. Cause I don't B.S. and I don't understand women period.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 12:01 PM   #24
RRocket
Founding Member

Default Re: Laguna Seca Pole

Well I think Mladin will do well..the level of talent in WSB is waaayyy down from what it used to be...so he should do well. Too bad Mladin never raced when WSB was "big". Duhamel raced against the stars and even got a podium finish. I think Mladin wants to race this year because the competition isn't as stiff as it used to be.....Oh..and he's still a weenie!
RRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 01:51 PM   #25
rsheidler
Founding Member

>>too fast and experienced for AMA Superbike but would probably get spanked in World Superbike<<

Given the fact that he was also fastest in the first WSB qualifying session (with a motor he had never before ridden with -- considerably different from the AMA motor), I think it fair to say that he might well be better than most of the current WSB crop.

BTW, for those p!ssing and moaning about the unfair restrictors on the WSB Suzukis, note that his and Yates times on the WSB version are virtually identical with those on the AMA bikes, so it looks to me that the restrictors don't really have that much of an impact in final analysis.

Ducati is winning everything in WSB because they have the best riders -- if Suzuki WSB team was using Mat, I think they would be challenging, if not dominating, the series.

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 06:59 PM   #26
brook_63
Founding Member

Default given he is not the most civil of people and

hard to approach, but he is FAST!!! have any of you guys even seen him ride?? remember this guy won 3 ama'a on a 750. i wacthed him today and yesterday blast down the corkscrew between guys with not an inch to spare, and wheelie out of the following right hander totally crossed up and then slam it into the next left hander. he blasted by Hodgson today and took the pole pulled in and watched him plant his bike in turn 3. yes- he can compete at any level- given a decent bike and full factory support. no i am not a fan of his, as a matter of fact my buddy asked him to sign an autograph and he looked at him like he was really asking him for a favor- go figure... just my lousy 2 cents...
brook_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 03:30 AM   #27
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Welcome back bob

Where ya been?

You're missing all these great helmet flame wars!

Oh, and what's your MSF score?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 06:24 AM   #28
zx-6r_maniac
Founding Member

Default Re: Defending Mladin Again :)

so what if i cant stand the guy, he beat the top wsb racers on a restricted bike (take that ducati)...enough said

F*** Ducati
zx-6r_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 12:01 PM   #29
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Welcome back bob

I am in the middle of moving and don't have my new internet connection up yet -- getting by with the local library's computer -- when I can convince the wife that I should take some time away from unpacking boxes, that is! Sorry to have missed out on so much of the fun!
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 01:46 PM   #30
bwarbiany23
Founding Member

BTW, for those p!ssing and moaning about the unfair restrictors on the WSB Suzukis, note that his and Yates times on the WSB version are virtually identical with those on the AMA bikes, so it looks to me that the restrictors don't really have that much of an impact in final analysis.

I think, though, that if you look at it, it depends on the track. Laguna isn't the fastest track on the circuit.

From my understanding, the air restrictors really come into play on high-speed straightaways... Hence why Hodgson can draft Lavilla way easier than the other way around. Laguna isn't fast enough for draft passing. But the GSXR, even with the restrictors, still has a crapload of low-end power that comes into play on corner exits, which makes it about equal to the 999 on tighter tracks...

bwarbiany23 is offline   Reply With Quote