Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 06-10-2003, 04:12 AM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

Default jeeez... find something interesting to do.

Actually, the most amazing thing about all this engine configuration garbage is wondering why you give so much of a cr@p about it. Your Ninja bears as much relation to these race bikes as it does to an F-15.

You should find something useful to do with your life. Go here for starters

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2003, 04:34 AM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Miguel was impressive in both races.

This cr@p about twins being dead is just some lunacy that KPaul engages in. It's part of his deep-seated inferiority complex that makes him believe that he can become "superior" by making others appear to be "inferior". He's like some TV preacher lambasting the unwashed masses for their sins so that he can appear righteous in comparison. He doesn't realize that he just looks pathetic.

You see, he rides a Ninja. If he'd bought a V-Twin as his first bike he'd be doing the exact things he's doing now, but in an attempt to "prove" that the V-Twin is superior. Just like the arrested adolescent that he is.

There is no such thing as a "superior" engine configuration. The "best" engine configuration is determined by arbitrary racing rules. KPaul tries to validate his miserable existence by pretending that the inline-4 is objectively and innately superior. Too bad he won't be seeing inline-4s in motocross racing any time soon.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:19 AM   #23
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Don't examine a nutcase

It's not KPaul's stupidity that I find funny, it's that he keeps rating his posts as 'Intelligent' that kills me. Like somebody would rate his crap up besides him! LOL If KPaul hates twins, thats his right, but after showing him the inline four is basically no better in racing, if the rules don't help out, then suddenly he's a fan of everything except V-Twins. Funny how he gets off the "inline four" wagon as quickly as he jumped on. Think he might be a guy that always roots for the winner, whoever and whatever that winner may be?
Old 06-10-2003, 05:40 AM   #24
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default V-Twin subject matter

I'm installing the Rev Tech DFO on the Geezer Glide today. It only alters fuel, not timing.

I've talked to a couple of wrenches now who don't like the PC because they claim the failure rate is too high. I've already done the download so I don't need to mess with the timing anyway. She just needs to run a little leaner.

Check this out for a description: (sorry I don't know how to post hyperlinks;computer illiterate here)

http://www.indysuperbikes.com/Isb1/I...es%20Frame.htm
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 07:48 AM   #25
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: V-Twin subject matter

I have a PC II which doesn't alter timing anyway. I have the older Marelli-Magnetti injection and you have the Delphi, which has more sensors. You would get the PC III for yours. The DFO looks the same as a PC to me. Does the same job. My PC is 2 years and counting and it's still there. I know they had some early production issues with the PC III, but that's been handled. What mods did you do so far, and how's it running?
Old 06-10-2003, 07:57 AM   #26
pnerenberg
Registered Member

Default Re: Road America Superbike Results

An interesting question to be sure. Last year Suzuki was hampered by its Dunlop tires, which is probably more or less what is happening to Kawasaki this year. In MotoGP, Michelin (and now Bridgestone, look at this weekend's GP) is the tire of choice and as you can see in any top form of racing (F1 and MotoGP especially), tires make a big difference.

In the MotoGP series, Suzuki has elected to use a V-4 configuration. While they have obviously run I-4s with great success in AMA Superbike (and beginning to in WSBK), it doesn't seem like they would otherwise have a great deal of knowledge with using four-stroke V-4s. Neither should Ducati using that logic, and obviously Ducati is hauling ass.

I can't even begin to understand what's going on at Kawasaki. Admittedly, they have been out of the GP game a lot longer than almost anyone else, but once again Ducati seems to be the example here of the latecomer doing well. Kawasaki also doesn't have any liter-class engine to really base their design off of, so I'm sure some time will be needed to get that in place. Hopefully that will translate into a *****in' ZX-10R...I dunno about GP racing.

In short, who the hell knows. Suzuki certainly employs two very good riders. Both companies should have the engineering know-how to get the job done. While we are ragging on these two, what the hell is the deal with Yamaha? Aprilia?

Honda has more resources than any other manufacturer, and in a class where money is no option, they will always do very well. It doesn't hurt that they have the best rider out there as well. However, Ducati has proven that it is possible to challenge the Honda juggernaut provided you have the balls and will to do so. I see that as a tremendous challenge to the other manufacturers; I hope that they will get themselves up to the task of answering that challenge in the near future.

P.S. EBos is the *****. I hope he keeps grabbing some wins. Few riders are as deserving of victory as he is; few riders could win races with a bike that is essentially 7 years old.
pnerenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 08:09 AM   #27
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I think that's why some wrenches have shyed away from the PCIII because of some failure issues. It would suck to have it die and the bike would default to stock settings and probably be super lean.

I've got the air cleaner, touring muffs and 203 cam with stock displacement. H-D only makes a download for 95 inch with that setup hence my problem with being too rich (my fuel mixture, not my bank account!).

It runs pretty good but I can tell that it's too fat. Plus it falls on its face at any kind of altitude. And it's slow to fire up at higher elevation too.

So my choices were to spend the $179 for the DFO or throw the 95 inch kit on it! I opted for the cheaper route for now. I'm still in home remodel hell so the funds must be dedicated to that.

I'll dial it in on a dyno and let you know the results.
Old 06-10-2003, 07:52 PM   #28
sarnali
Founding Member

I thought the point of the PC series is that they're tunable, aren't you able to dial in your mixture to the set-up you're running?.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 03:37 AM   #29
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I just did the download from the H-D dealer without using a PCIII.

The DFO got installed last night and I will pick up the bike today. If it still is too rich I guess I'll have to pony up the dough and put the 95" kit on.

Woo Hoo!
Old 06-11-2003, 05:38 AM   #30
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Default Re: Road America Superbike Results

Boz: He may just be the sort of rider that needs a semi-$hitty bike to bring out his best. His best is certainly amazing. Love the guy.

Mladin: Through the years, Mat simply won a lot and didn't mince words. People hated him because he wasn't a kiss-a$$ sweetie and because he dominated. I think he finallys said "Right, everybody hates me anyway, so screw it, I'll say what I want." I don't think he is an a-hole. Hell, he certainly doesn't go around breaking fences like Hacking and Kurtis. And he isn't a personality Panzer like KR-Sr either. Give Mladin a break. He deserves all of his success and the whiners need to step it up.

MotoGP: Speaking of whining. There is no excuse for Kawi and Suzuki to be stinking up the field like they are these days. Excuses are like round, brown, wrinkled things........
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote