Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   AMA Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/)
-   -   Road America Superbike Results (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/1908-road-america-superbike-results.html)

longride 06-09-2003 05:39 AM

Re: Inline 4s dominating Superbike series (V-Twins death in racing continued)

A V-Twin would only suck if you were riding one.

KPaulCook 06-09-2003 06:09 AM

Glad to know that this death has not impacted your sense of humor. :) Good one LOL.

Buzglyd 06-09-2003 06:18 AM

At least give Larry Pegram some props for getting that Ducati on the podium. That's not a big money factory machine he's riding there.

He rode his ass off in that race.

TatdNPrcd 06-09-2003 06:47 AM

Miguel was impressive in both races.

All this talk about twins being dead may be true however Miguel Duhamel cut the fastest lap in race two at something like 2:27.03 and in race one he was beaten by 0.280.

It seamed his tire choice took a little longer to become competitive in race two than he'd hoped but once the track dried out he was F**k'n flyin'!

Long live the king.

I wonder what his thoughts would be about next seasons ride. Eric has said he can't wait for the new 1000cc Kawi.

KPaulCook 06-09-2003 07:01 AM

Agreed. Thought Anthony Gobert would do better in the rain. But you are right Pegram deserves a lot of credit.

Buzglyd 06-09-2003 07:37 AM

A couple of years ago I was at an event in Las Vegas called "Ducati Revs America." It was held at the racetrack for the weekend.

Ducati had this special 998 that had a beefed up subframe and shocks. It was equipped to hold a passenger and they had a drawing to win a ride on the back!

Pegram took his mother out onto the track and was just flying with her on the back.

Sadly I didn't win. That would have ranked up there with another wild ride I took (I flew in a F-18 with the Blue Angels back in my media days).

cycleguy26 06-09-2003 07:48 AM

Re: Road America Superbike Results

This all just goes to show that while the machine is important, it matters more whose on it. I hope Bostrom can stay on top. I'm sure he can because no one thought he could pull off a win on a track like Road America.

Go Eric, go!!!!

RubberPants 06-09-2003 01:46 PM

Funny how this "old" ZX7 RR keeps him competitive (No disrespect to Eric's riding) amoungst all those so called incredible GSXR 1000's I'm getting tired of looking at them all?!!?!

'old

merv 06-09-2003 03:56 PM

... but how come Kawasaki and Suzuki can't make a competitive MotoGP engine at the moment when at AMA level they rule?

Honda have had competitive GP engines since Mike Hailwood winning Isle of Man in 1961 and in those days Suzuki were pretty competitive too so what the hell is going on? Have all their best engineers defected to Ducati or something?

seruzawa 06-10-2003 04:00 AM

Re: V-Twins last hurrah. One race

Actually, nothing matters less to me than which engine configuration is supported by the various racing associations' arbitrary rules.

In fact, few things are more boring than watching someone else race.