Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 06-02-2003, 11:02 AM   #11
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Tires

Certainly tires are a factor -- who else in MotoGP are running Dunlops? Maybe they shoulda gone with Bridgestones if they couldn't get Michelins.

Does look like Dunlop might be finding their way in WSB though, or else they are just really well suited to the Oscherleben track.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2003, 11:13 AM   #12
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default could also be a matter of riding style ...

mladin hammers. it should not surprise that he is hard on rubber. to my eyes yates and spies are smoother.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 01:01 PM   #13
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Defending Mladin and EBoz is a whinner.

I think the guy is right on about tracks like Pikes Peak. I like the way guy sarcastically calls it a bad track and it is. Too many walls. Too short. Daytona sucks as well. MotoGP would never race on these things. Also EBoz was whinning about being at a disadvantage to the Suzuki and Mladin pointed out that Kawasaki could of fielded a bigger bike but wouldn't or couldn't. But Boz knew the rules going into the season so why complain now.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 04:28 PM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default EBoz was a winner and Mladin a whiner

If Mladin hates all the tracks here in the states then why not Moto GP for him? Oh, that's right, he tried that, and realized being a backmarker for the world's best was no fun. Nicky is twice the racer and three times the man Mladin is, which is why he's racing the best and Mladin is here crying like a baby when he doesn't win. Like I said, he's a big fish in a little pond and an arrogant, self-important prick. Time for the little boy to go back home.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:42 AM   #15
wmkeyser
Founding Member

Default Re: you know what bothers me?

Ya, Mladin is a great racer, (remember his save two weeks ago when his rear tire exploded?) But I have to agree with you. He should take his defeat like the professional that he is suppose th be. Bostrum just rode a superior race on what is thought to be an inferior bike. My hat is off to him and all of the big green team. What's going to happen when they get their new liter bike on track?
wmkeyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 05:48 AM   #16
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Face it longride you ....you can't handle...

How long did he do MotoGP? Some say he is headed to WSB if restrictor plates aren't used. Nicky not exactly setting the world on fire. Given all that you say about Mladin, he is still right even though you may not like his methods. Roberts complained about the new section at Road Atlanta but nobody said Roberts was a whinner. Face it longride you hate Aussies. You can't stand that a Aussie on a inline 4 is going to beat the Americans.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 06:53 AM   #17
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Face it longride you ....you can't handle...

>>nobody said Roberts was a whinner<<

Actually, it seems like almost everybody says Kurtis is a whiner -- almost as bad a reputation as his brother. Fair or not, that is the most frequently heard comment you will find on most discussion boards or in discussion with racing insiders.

Probably nobody commented much about his Road Atlanta complaints because they expected worse.

None of this means that the complaints are not valid.

Also, it seems that Mladin may be more disliked by Aussies than by Americans!
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote