Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   AMA Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/)
-   -   Infineon Superbike Results (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/1827-infineon-superbike-results.html)

DucButt 05-05-2003 07:31 PM

Re: I like Mladin's attitude.

That's no excuse for what I arguably see as poor sportsmanship. Rossi, Bayliss, Edwards and Hodgson train at least as hard but don't come off like a whining arrogant pr!ck. Yes, Mladin is supremely talented but every time he opens his mouth I forget about his talent. Then I wonder - why is he so ****y yet Nicky is the one to win AMA and then go battle the big boys? Fast Mladin is; respectable he isn't.

longride 05-06-2003 02:33 AM

Re: Prediction

Since the V- 5 cylinder Honda GP bike has dominated all last year and the start of this one, wouldn't that be the best configuration? Inline fours haven't won anything when money and configuration is no object, so your "predictions" have already been proven wrong.

longride 05-06-2003 02:39 AM

Re: I like Mladin's attitude.

Mladin is a "tweener". He's too good for AMA, and not good enough for top level world competition. He made a decision long ago. He could win AMA championships and act like a self-important, egotistical prick, or be an also-ran in every world race and basically a "Mr. Nobody". Guess what one he chose? He's still in the minor leagues no matter how many pats on the back he gives himself.

fizzchem 05-06-2003 03:27 AM

Re: OMLWDIB?

This is your post:

The best riders usually get the best rides.

Except EBoz.

And those guys riding the v-twins. (Any relation to KPaul?)

As an aside, a 1000cc I-4 pumps a lot more air than a 1000cc V-Twin. That's why the rules were in place for the 750cc limit on I-4s.

The counterexample is Edwards in MotoGP. He's a great rider on an non-competitive machine. Wow! I'd love to waste my money watching that.

Buzglyd 05-06-2003 03:36 AM

You know better than to start confusing him with the facts longride.

I hope his prescriptions are up to date.

rgmax 05-06-2003 03:59 AM

Re: Infineon Superbike Results

If they could sell more, they'ed make more.

nokneedragin 05-06-2003 04:57 AM

Re: Dammit Jim, it's Sears Point!

Still, I would like these naming games to be more along the lines of:

Sears point race track brought to you by Infineon

A little longer, but it still respects the history of the track name.

KPaulCook 05-06-2003 06:03 AM

Re: The difference between WSB and AMA:

Excellent Point. However, aren't the majority of the Suzukis in AMA privateers vs. the satellite Ducati teams in WSB? As someone has already made the point the Suzuki is an excellent privateer platform. Dave Sadowski on Speed said the Suzuki 1000 has lowered the barrier for privateers competing with factory or satellite teams like Erion

KPaulCook 05-06-2003 06:05 AM

V-5 is an rules anomaly only relevant to MotoGP. WSB rule changes will favor 4s i.e. CBR1000RR. So my prediction is still valid.

longride 05-06-2003 06:10 AM

That's bull*****. GP has the least rules and is the top class racing. Honda went with a v-5 because it's superior. It's proving it again this year. Only restricting the weight or number of cylinders will make the inline four competitive in GP, and we all know you are against favoring any engine configuration.