Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 04-03-2003, 05:35 AM   #11
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: Getting that Factory Ride - Part 1

Don't tell us ya gave up cussin at em
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2003, 06:24 AM   #12
DialedIN
Founding Member

Default Re: Just finish healthy Sean

Of course that also means finish in the top ten! I am really glad to hear Kawasaki doing things like this, it seems to me they are finaly getting serious about everything in the motorcycle industry,( after a few lackadaisical years). The improvements they have done on the 600rr and 636 are class leading, the Z1000 is a awesome street machine.Now all they need to do is get a ZX10 out so Eric can kick some gixer butt !!!!
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 06:35 AM   #13
drthompson65
Founding Member

Best of luck Sean! Kick some factory ride bootie!
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 07:39 AM   #14
rsheidler
Founding Member

You Go Sean!

It is too bad that you don't have time for some suspension upgrades, and more track time on the actual race bike, but make the best of what you have.

Is this a single race deal, or will you get to do some more rounds? If the Kawasaki deal is one race only, I would encourage JB and company to step up and help you run something in CCS and/or WSMC for the season, and for you to give us regular reports.

I don't have a very good feel for what would be realistic goals for Fontana, given the stock suspension, but I'll be hoping for a top 10.

Keep it safe and most of all,m have fun!!

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 08:10 AM   #15
quasi_d
Registered Member

This is completely awesome! Good luck!
quasi_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 08:16 AM   #16
Shadowspawn
Founding Member

Default MOridian Sponsored.

Believe it or not, this isn't Sean just posting under an alias. How about a place in the site where we could donate money to Sean's racing? Don't know if the community is enough to make a dent in the overall cost, but hey, I'd put up a few bucks to see an independant doing well.

I can even design the site for you if you need. Pretty simple really. I'm thinking we list every thing Sean needs and the expected price and people can donate money. 'corse we'd have to get "Sponsored by MOron's" or something similar some where on him.

Actuallly that would be an awesome line of T-shirts etc.

Anyhow, let me know if you need a professional code monkey to help out. Also feel free to tell me I'm a fool if you think this is a stupid idea. Trust me, I get it alot.

-Spawn
Shadowspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 08:41 AM   #17
jaypuck
Founding Member

Default Re: MOridian Sponsored.

I think you're a fool.

seriously, it's a great idea but would anyone continue to donate to it after the first three months? maybe with good site design and some gimmicks (like you said, knowing what you are buying helps) to keep people interested....

are there any legal issues that can come from this? probably need some sort of disclaimer that keeps people from trying to sue for partial ownership after giving up 20 bones on it.
jaypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 08:50 AM   #18
Shadowspawn
Founding Member

I don't ususally get involved on the legal side, but I would have to think that if the web page actually said "Donate to help out Sean and the MOron team" it would be hard to claim ownership.

Personally I just love the idea of anyone in a professional race anywhere with "Sponsored by MOrons" on their gear somewhere.

-Spawn
Shadowspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 08:51 AM   #19
Ken_Packard
Founding Member

I'd chip in a few bucks to live vicariously through Sean's speed. "Sponsored by MOrons" is a good idea...imagine the exposure MO would get if he competes regularly and does well. There's got to be a way to put a little extra juice in it for people who chip in a few bucks.
Ken_Packard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 09:21 AM   #20
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

First I find out that you're way faster than I am on a motorcycle. I can live with that. After finding out that we were the same height and weight (and seeing that picture of you with out your shirt on) I decided to go on a diet. I'm now down to 209 lbs. and was feeling pretty good about it. Now you tell me that you're down to 195! You are a cruel man Sean. Seriously though, good luck in you pro debut. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote